Loan Officer Assistant
Summit Funding is growing! We are now recruiting candidates for a Loan Partner to support Team Alexander in Walnut Creek & El Cerrito.
Starting pay ranges between $18-$25/hr plus opportunity to earn monthly bonuses.
Who we are:
Summit Funding is a privately-owned, national mortgage company that has been in business for over 25 years. We are not the biggest, but we strive to be the best. We are proud to play a part in making the dream of home ownership a reality. Our growth mindset, positive culture, and history of stability are just a few things that position our company as a leader in the mortgage industry.
Click here to view a video featuring Todd Scrima, our founder and CEO, where he discusses how we have been able to maintain this stability over our 25-year history.
If above link is not clickable, try copying and pasting into your web browser:
What we have available:
An opportunity for an organized, super detailed-oriented person. A minimum of one year mortgage experience is desired and more is better.
What you would be doing:
Providing administrative and marketing support to a busy Loan Officer. Key responsibilities include:
- Talking with clients and keeping them on point with documents they need to send in for a proper mortgage evaluation.
- Learning how to prep different scenarios for underwriting and gaining proficiency. Desire to learn always!
- Sending out thank you correspondence to borrowers and referral partners on your Loan Officer’s behalf.
- Managing the database; execution of events with referral partners; initiating and executing marketing campaigns.
- Representing and being the "face" of the Loan Officer’s Team in a professional, outgoing and upbeat manner.
- Helping create scales of efficiency in terms of file flow.
- Opportunities to grow and advance.
- Being in this industry teaches good habits for finance, planning, and credit worthiness. There are many personal benefits for the skills acquired in this industry.
What we need from you:
- Great attitude, hard worker, and values dedication. Attitude of self-determination.
- Ability to work Monday through Friday, 40 hours a week. (Some variances can be considered for the right person.)
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- World class customer service skills and a positive attitude.
- Lots of talking on the phone, we talk first, then e-mail. Not the other way around. =)
- We treat people with respect, kindness, and still impress upon them the importance of a deadlines and accountability.
- Excellent organization, attention to details is a must.
- We work in a fast-paced business and need people that know how to remain flexible and self-regulate for changing priorities, and deadlines. People who have had spent time waiting tables and bartending in a fast in super busy restaurants can do well here.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Previous office experience preferred
- Stable work history a must
- MS Office skills
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to start a career in a competitive, fast paced growing industry where you can make a difference in people’s lives
- Opportunity to earn a competitive compensation including possible bonuses based on performance
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K plus match, 10 paid holidays, paid time off and more
- Fun team atmosphere, professional development and more
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.