Loan Officer Assistant
Loan Partner II (AKA, Loan Officer Assistant)
Starting pay rate ranges between $15-$24/hr DOE and includes the potential to earn monthly bonuses based on production.
Who we are:
Summit Funding is a privately-owned, national mortgage company that has been in business for over 25 years. We are not the biggest, but we strive to be the best. We are proud to play a part in making the dream of home ownership a reality. Our growth mindset, positive culture, and history of stability are just a few things that position our company as a leader in the mortgage industry.
Click here to view a video featuring Todd Scrima, our founder and CEO, where he discusses how we have been able to maintain this stability over our 25-year history.
If above link is not clickable, try copying and pasting into your web browser:
What we have available:
This position is for you if you LOVE the mortgage industry and you are an experienced Loan Originator who would like the stability of a non-prospecting role, or are a Loan Officer Assistant or Loan Processor with excellent relationship building skills who enjoys the interaction with borrowers and clients. The Loan Partner II works with the Loan Officer, Loan Processor/Manager, Borrower and Business Partner to ensure the successful on time and smooth origination and closing of the home loan.
What you would be doing:
- Prequalify clients to include discussing, rates, terms and/or financial options.
- Call and obtain conditions from borrowers and Realtors. Clear any conditions that require communication to the clients.
- Meet with clients to sign Loan Application and Disclosures.
- With new contracts, facilitate the introduction to Realtors via e-mail and facilitate a call from the Loan Officer to ensure positive customer service for our new clients.
- Understand and research all investor guidelines and stay up to date in any and all program changes that effect the processing or originating of loans in pipeline.
- Submit complete files to processing based on Investor and/or AUS requirements to get ready for submission to Corporate.
- Communicate loan approval by sending pre-approval/commitment letters to all parties involved in transaction.
- Responsible for weekly status calls to all parties involved in transaction (Clients, Realtors, Builder, etc.).
- Track and manage new leads and follow up on referral business.
- Send out correspondence – Thank you cards, Closing Cost Calculators, etc.
Coordinate Closing details with Client – Final Payment, rate, Cash to Close, etc.
- Quote interest rates and lock loans.
- Solve escrow issues without involving loan officer.
- Review all closing statements, compare to signed GFE before signings and correct discrepancies.
- Assist LPI with putting scenarios together for prospective clients (researching client scenarios with underwriting and investor guidelines).
- Assist Loan Officer with call backs to prospects that require a phone consult prior to a face to face or virtual meeting.
- Face to face meetings with clients when Loan Officer cannot attend.
- Re disclose all new loans when there is a change of circumstance.
What we need from you:
- One to three years of mortgage processing, underwriting, originating or combination of all aspects experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Desktop Underwriter/Desktop Originator (DU/DO), Loan Prospector (LP), and major Originating systems. Encompass experience preferred.
- Proficient with major correspondent and wholesale channels and their guidelines, including their websites and pricing engines.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work a full time standard 40-hour work week, plus potential overtime as necessary in our professional office.
- Must be registered and licensed through NMLS within 90 days of hire.
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to further a career in a competitive, fast paced growing industry where you can make a difference in people’s lives.
- Unlimited earning potential based on performance.
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K plus match, 10 paid holidays, paid time off and more.
- Fun team atmosphere, professional development and more.
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.