Junior Underwriter - Underwriting Support - Signing Bonus!
Junior Underwriter - Underwriting Support Staff
Do you have a background in Processing and want to pursue your career in Underwriting? This may be the opportunity for you!
Starting pay ranges between $18-$36/hr DOE and location plus potential bonuses of $500/month
Local and non local candidates experienced with working remote are encouraged to apply! Candidates located in the Pacific Standard Time zone preferred.
The Underwriting Support Staff position is responsible for providing support to the Underwriting Staff. The primary focus of this position is to complete all necessary required tasks from the time of loan approval up through the file funding and recording. This position will be a liaison for the Underwriting process between the Branch personnel and the Underwriters. Tasks include receiving new loan submissions, set-up, stacking and preparing for the Underwriting process, conducting Pre-Audits, ordering appraisal reviews, reviewing conditions within your authority level (dependent on level of experience) PTD and at Funding and any other tasks as deemed necessary by the Team Lead and/or Underwriting Manager.
Top 3 Responsibilities and how you will be measured:
1) Review of Conditions (PTD & PTF), Conduct Pre-audit Review of File, and Maintain Stated Turn Times
Measurement: Meet file turn time standard of 95%.
2) Maintain Quality of Loan Package
Measurement: Quality of files per Post Closing suspense report and Internal/External QC
Audits with error rate of 5% or less.
3) Maintain Efficient File Flow and Desk Management
Measurement: Minimum expectation is average of 8 files per day during a standard 8 hour work day.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Conduct Pre-Audit reviews on fully underwritten files as directed by the Team Lead and/or Underwriting Manager.
- Order Appraisal reviews on files per Underwriters requests or as directed by the Team Lead and/or Underwriting Manager.
- Review PTD conditions as directed by the Team Lead and/or Underwriting Manager.
- Review Funding conditions as directed by the Team Lead and/or Underwriting Manager.
- Conduct loan set up, file stacking, logging and other responsibilities as directed by the Team Lead and/or Underwriting Manager.
- Must be familiar with general Mortgage Industry guidelines and practices.
- 1+ year of Jr. Underwriting/Underwriting Support experience or 2+ years of Loan Processing experience required
- Underwriting condition sign off authority on non UTR conditions a must!
- Must understand and comprehends the Mortgage Loan process
- Must have solid time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have two to four years related experience or equivalent.
- Must have thorough working knowledge of real estate documentation, policies, compliance, and procedures.
- Must have a high level of proficiency with mortgage loan processing and underwriting systems.
- Must have commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Must be versatile, flexible and willing to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Must have an acute attention to detail.
- Must have proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Must have good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Must demonstrate ability to calculate figures and amounts such as basic income, assets and LTV’s.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Must be able to build and sustain relationships with staff and branch personnel.
Summit Funding, Inc. (NMLS #3199) is a full service mortgage lender offering expertise in every area of residential mortgage lending; including purchases, refinancing and construction lending. We have built a strong reputation as an outstanding mortgage firm that serves the lending needs of real estate professionals, builders and individual home buyers throughout the Country. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at Summit Funding, and we know that our diligence in hiring only the best candidates is largely responsible for this culture. Summit Funding has approximately 85 Branch and Satellite Offices in 20+ States and a workforce of over 1,000 Team Members. Compensation for this position will depend on experience. Summit Funding offers a complete compensation package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Flex Spending, Etc. Please do not contact our office for additional information and please do not apply unless you meet ALL the minimum qualifications above. Summit Funding is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.