Design Engineer (Drawing and Release)
Working with the customer and supplier the EDS engineer shall be responsible for the design and development of automotive wiring harness interfaces, wiring architecture and related assemblies. In summary the position will be predominantly responsible for but not limited to the delivery of:
- Responsible for leading the design and release of assigned wire harness assemblies to meet development and program needs.
- Support planning / development of components supporting the wire harness;
- Lead issue, feasibility and compatibility of the design with vehicle environments that meet the engineering specification and design rules stipulated by customers and related design guidelines ;
- Control of sample part, as required;
- Support GPDS milestone on time design release.
- Support Design verification where required;
- Liaise between SWSA /customers & Sales department if required;
- Liaise between SWSA /Sumitomo internal companies in other regions for design reviews , feasibility studies, ,if required;
- Support planning of design change release timing and managing the implementation of design change at those times.
- Continuous improvement of SWSA design knowledge and processes.
- Travel in support of prototype build and events if/when required
- Assist to train and support graduate engineers and sharing of design tool knowledge;
- Take overall part ownership of assigned part numbers
- Represent Sumitomo EDS Engineering at key customer coordination meetings.
- Support the program leader to execute on time quality design release.
- Graduate of BS Degree in Electrical, Electronics, or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in development processes such as FMEA’s and Control Plans.
- Experience in product development lifecycle desirable.
- Experience in Automotive OEM development process.
- Experience in Engineering Quality Systems.
Other Qualifications (Desirable but not Mandatory):
- Cultural awareness of any of the following countries: China, Indian, South Africa, Argentina or Thailand
- System or component design experience using Catia mCAD or Zuken eCAD