Associate Director of Marketing, Career Education and Professional Development
Suffolk’s Division of Communications, including its Offices of Marketing & Communications and Public Affairs, consists of storytellers, professional strategists, writers, designers, and multimedia producers offering a depth of expertise in a variety of media. We tell the story of the University across a range of audiences and media producing everything from news and feature pieces, to long and short form videos, collateral and advertising, and web and social media content.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Marketing with a dotted-line relationship to the Executive Director of the Center for Career Education and Professional Development, the Associate Director of Marketing will play a critical role in ensuring that career readiness and career development are seen as part and parcel of a Suffolk education. Utilizing the resources, equipment, and support of both these offices, this individual will be responsible for crafting and sharing a broad, strategic, and evolving narrative about the career successes of Suffolk students and alumni and the institution’s commitment to excellence in career preparation. A key understanding of the institution’s brand, student population, and career education goals will be critical for shaping the message of content.
Working with other members of the OMC team and in partnership with CEPD colleagues, the Associate Director of Marketing will produce short- and long-form written content, video, audio, and other media as is deemed strategically beneficial. Audiences for this content include current undergraduate and graduate students, prospective students, alumni, current and prospective employers, and internal stakeholders (Suffolk faculty, staff, and senior administrators). One aspect of this storytelling and messaging campaign will focus on supporting efforts to build identity, recognition, and excitement around Suffolk’s newly-expanded and reimagined Career Center for all aforementioned stakeholders.
- Seek out and develop compelling narratives about the successful internship and career outcomes of Suffolk students and alumni. These may be produced as short- and long-form written content, video, audio, and other media as is strategically beneficial, in collaboration with OMC and CEPD colleagues
- Target stories for all stakeholder populations, including current undergraduate and graduate students, prospective students, alumni, employers, and internal stakeholders (Suffolk faculty, staff, and senior administrators)
- Ensure that the portfolio of media produced includes the stories of a diverse and representative population of Suffolk students, alumni, and employers
- Partner with the Career Outcomes liaison in the Office of Institutional Research to develop narratives around the positive career outcomes data collected
- Partner with staff and faculty outside of OMC and CEPD to identify stories of students and alumni career success
Brand Development and Strategy
- Develop clear messaging to increase awareness of the mission and vision of the Center for Career Education and Professional Development, and play an active role in shaping the language of that mission and vision.
- Develop a set of brand guidelines for the Center that is consistent with the narrative identity and goals; partner with colleagues in OMC and CEPD to produce materials and templates in line with these guidelines
- Work with the CEPD Director of Operations to develop a communications strategy for internal and external communication, via email, social media, and other recommended sources.
Supporting other OMC initiatives
- Seek out and facilitate ways to connect and amplify CEPD storytelling initiatives with other OMC initiatives that contribute to the overall value of attending Suffolk University and earning a Suffolk degree. Initiatives include enrollment support, branding, and reputation enhancement.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of experience in marketing and communications (or related) experience
- Previous higher education experience highly desirable
- Ability to conceptualize and see a brand strategy from both a short and long-term perspective
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic communication plans and initiatives across an organization with multiple stakeholders
- SEO, PPC, and Digital Marketing experience
- Exceptional communication skills, including publications i.e., copywriting, editing, and proofreading skills, public speaking, and presentations
- Experience managing web, social media, email, and video campaigns
- Ability to collaborate, problem solve and drive initiatives within cross-functional teams
- Professional and proactive work ethic