Suffolk University is pleased to announce a career opportunity for the Registrar’s Assistant! The Registrar’s Assistant is responsible for the processing of many of the University Registrar’ Office core functions including special registrations, university transcripts and enrollment verifications. In addition, this position provides support to the University’s Ram Registration and Financial customer service area.
% of Time
Operating as the first level of contact for customers who make inquiries to the University Registrar’s Office internal phone line and email. This position supports the staff of the Ram Center’s and their registrar related phone lines and escalated cases.
Manages the University’s transcript request process for official transcripts via the National Student Clearinghouse as well requests for unofficial transcripts for alum/non active students.
Processes all enrollment and degree verification requested by students and problem solves any inquiries from the National Student Clearinghouse on student enrollment and degrees.
Receiving, sorting, and distributing USPS and inter-office mail to the office’s staff.
Working on other special projects and duties as assigned including, but not limited to, orientation and commencement.
- Bachelor’s required.
- Commitment to highest quality of customer service.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and a desire to closely interact with the diverse members of a university community.
- Strong organizational skills, technical aptitude, and attention to detail.
- Ability to operate independently, manage multiple competing priorities, and exercise good judgment.
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in an office setting, preferably in a registrar’s or admissions office.
- Experience working with a student information system; strong preference for experience with Ellucian’s Colleague student information system.
- Strong working knowledge of the applications in the Microsoft Office Suite
Suffolk University does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, genetic information, or status as a veteran in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs, activities, or employment. Suffolk University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff that reflect the broad range of human experience who contribute to the robust exchange of ideas on campus, and who are committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. We strongly encourage applications from groups historically marginalized or underrepresented because of race/color, gender, religious creed, disability, national origin, veteran status or LGBTQ status. Suffolk University is especially interested in candidates who, through their training, service and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the University community.