Business Information Analyst for Workday
Suffolk University is delighted to announce a new position in Human Resources! An HR Workday & BI Analyst which is a remote position and eligible for Suffolk's tuition benefit, medical and other insurances, a generous retirement match, and paid time off among others! The Analyst will contribute to the support and continued enhancements of Workday with a focus on the Core HCM module and workflow. Responsible for providing functional support in the area of HR to expand the capabilities of the current systems and contribute to process improvements of the administration and support of the operation. Responsible for leading functional solutions, providing project management oversight, and executing on all phases of the project life cycle, including project planning and communication. Assist with planning and execution of the testing efforts including development of test cases, coordination between technical and business resources, and documentation of the testing results. Assist with change management activities including developing training materials and providing system support.
- Working with key stakeholders, analyzes Workday HCM system requirements, identifies needs for changes and enhancements, gathers requirements, researches options, and recommends solutions.
- Identify gaps in HR operational business processes, document business process improvements and flow diagrams and required system modifications
- Analyze data to inform problem, create user stories and present and evaluate design solutions
- Collaborates with HR team to identify and solve systems’ usability issues in the HCM module
- Pro-actively research and keep current on new Workday HCM features
- Work closely with business teams to strategize solutions that support short term and long-term business objectives
- Coordinate implementation of solutions and act as the liaison between business, developers, and project manager(s)
- Work closely with developers to ensure requirements and design are well communicated and understood
- Work effectively with Workday support on escalations, bug fixes, and enhancements
- Support Workday configuration and troubleshooting of business processes in one or more of the following areas: Core HCM, Absence, Benefits, Compensation, Security, Position Management and Performance/Talent Management
- Document mapping requirements for interfaces with internal and 3rd party solutions
- Develops and coordinates test plans, test scripts, facilitate and participates in user acceptance testing
- Ensure deliverables align with business requirements with measurable results and drive positive results
- Participate in the creation of training materials and the delivery of training
- Maintain system overall infrastructure
- Support the development, configuration testing, and implementation of new projects, enhancements, and interfaces
- Support major Workday releases by researching and testing new functionality, as well as performing regression testing
- Actively participate in the Workday Community, training, and regional user groups to ensure awareness of current trends and innovation
- Maintain proper change management documentation to meet the company’s best practices for internal controls and compliance practices
- Participate in system testing around new system functionality, issue resolution, upgrades, and HR system implementations, tracking areas of concern or failure
- Partners with University’s leadership, HR Business Partners, and other internal customers to understand and deliver on their data needs, including standard reporting, recruitment analytics, workforce planning, forecasting, etc.
- Supports the University’s leadership team to identify business challenges and uses data analysis to deliver insights and help influence changes to operations, processes, and programs. Delivers high-quality analysis, reporting, and presentations.
- Provides supervision, coaching, and guidance to the HBRI staff and identifies areas for improvement.
- Ensures compliance with data privacy regulations and best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five to seven years of relevant experience
- Workday Pro Certification Required
- Experience in business analysis and systems analysis
- Experience in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Strong business analysis and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive strategic goals forward.
- Ability to work cross‐functionally to deliver multi‐faceted solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively across stakeholder groups and across all levels of staff.
- Ability to work in a fast‐paced environment with multiple competing priorities and projects.
- Solution‐oriented attitude.
- Ability to utilize data and metrics to identify business areas where improvements can be made.
- Familiarity with Workday, Microsoft Access, PowerBI, Tableau.
- Advanced analytical, evaluative, and objective critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively summarize and present information.
- Demonstrated strong listening, and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think through problems, organize information, and identify key factors and underlying causes to generate solutions.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Ability to persuade, convince, influence, and gain the buy-in of others.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
Suffolk University does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, genetic information, or status as a veteran in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs, activities, or employment. Suffolk University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff that reflect the broad range of human experience who contribute to the robust exchange of ideas on campus, and who are committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. We strongly encourage applications from groups historically marginalized or underrepresented because of race/color, gender, religious creed, disability, national origin, veteran status or LGBTQ status. Suffolk University is especially interested in candidates who, through their training, service and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the University community.