Human Resources Generalist
Provides hands-on, day-to-day support for the HR department in the areas of engagement, recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, compliance, benefits, compensation, and training. Provides coordination and support for any assigned Human Resources projects and initiatives.
- Supports the delivery of the routine day-to-day HR services
- Provides daily hands-on support in the planning and implementation of the new and ongoing HR programs, policies and procedures, projects and initiatives.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the best in class HR practices across the schools/departments (continuous improvement)
- Researches emerging human resources trends within higher education and the community at large that have potential impact on the University; develops reports, presentations and strategic recommendations in response
- Gathers data, information, and feedback to influence continuous improvement of HR service delivery and align HR support models to match business and employee needs
- Provide HR reports as needed and utilizes HR metrics and reporting to facilitate decision making.
- Handle other HR duties, as needed
- Serve on the University’s COVID-19 Integrated Response Team and implements all HR related COVID tasks and responsibilities.
- Serve on the University’s working groups and committees as assigned
- Assist HR Business Partners as needed in development and implementation of organizational capability initatives amd workforce strategies for the school/department/business units.
- Assist HR Business Partners with employee relations support for employees and managers.
- In collaboration with HR Business Partners, provides support to supervisors in evaluating individual employee performance and creating plans for development as necessary.
- Perform initial data intake and analysis for compensation requests, position reviews and provide support to HRBPs & Budget office during the position review process
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of relevant experience as a Human Resources Generalist or Project Manager
- Broad knowledge in a variety of human resources disciplines
- Advanced analytical, evaluative, and objective critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively summarize and present information.
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Demonstrated strong listening, and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think through problems, organize information, and identify key factors and underlying causes to generate solutions.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Ability to persuade, convince, influence, and gain the buy-in of others.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to effectively coach, deliver constructive feedback, inspire and develop staff
- Other: Demonstrated strategic thinking, leadership capabilities, including people development, objective setting, and measurement skills
Suffolk University does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, genetic information, or status as a veteran in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs, activities, or employment. Suffolk University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff that reflect the broad range of human experience who contribute to the robust exchange of ideas on campus, and who are committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. We strongly encourage applications from groups historically marginalized or underrepresented because of race/color, gender, religious creed, disability, national origin, veteran status or LGBTQ status. Suffolk University is especially interested in candidates who, through their training, service and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the University community.