Business Development Manager, Center for Continuing and Professional Education
This key position will report to the CCPE Director and play an instrumental role in building and managing partnerships. Responsible for identifying recruitment opportunities and lead generation in support of growing corporate education enrollment and revenue. Additionally, the Business Development Manager will support the center through research leading to prospect engagement, event planning/promotion, marketing activities, and management of all printed collateral and digital properties.
Marketing and Social Media Specialist
- Maintain a strong, positive relationship with OMC to coordinate efforts, share best practices, align with university marketing guidelines, and execute appropriate marketing and communication strategies to meet goals.
- Assists marketing and outreach efforts for executive degree and new programs, offering guidance and support to ensure that all marketing initiatives for executive education are consistent and reflective of a high-quality and prestigious brand.
- Ensures that the CCPE's marketing, branding, and communication efforts on all platforms (e.g., advertising campaign, newsletter, social media, websites, collaterals) are fresh, consistent, and effective.
- Identifies innovative and effective ways to market CCPE's programs to stay ahead of the competition and create positive buzz and momentum in the marketplace.
- Coordinates special events and promotional opportunities to market corporate education and continual learning programs
- Develops brochure/literature design concepts and other marketing content for the Center's programs in collaboration with OMC.
- Revamps and maintains dynamic website via smart, innovative use of videos, photos, and stories on CCPE's website and social media channels.
- Develops and maintains the department's publications, website, and social media presence.
- Manages digital communications, marketing automation, and email marketing efforts.
- Develops and implements HTML emails for distribution for internal and external audiences in various applications and platforms. Develops email segmentation strategy, delivering specific messages to select audiences.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to promote content, news, and events on social media channels.
- Establishes relevant metrics, develops reports and analyzes digital engagement performance to evaluate existing and future strategies.
- Maintains editorial calendar for determining content within each news category.
- Determines strategic release dates in alignment with other events.
- Maintains a positive web presence by monitoring and responding to outside posts.
- Continually reviews emerging technologies, platforms, innovations, and trends; advocating for and implementing new tactics, tools, and channels that add to division's digital engagement efforts.
- Grows social and email audiences through tailored strategies, compelling content, and messaging; and develops meaningful metrics, and measuring and reporting email and social engagement outcomes.
- Develops communication strategies to lead and execute social media and marketing efforts.
- Drives day-to-day management of Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat, and Instagram, using sound judgment to research, write, edit, curate, and produce content for channels. Converts already created content into impactful messages for core audiences.
- Maintains an editorial calendar for all social media channels.
- Develops social media plans for special campaigns, live conferences, and other major projects.
Customer Relations & Customer Development
- Helps generate new customer relationships and maintain existing relationships.
- Identifies potential clients in the target market and completes appropriate research on prospective customer business needs.
- Identifies key staff in businesses and cultivates relationships.
- Oversees efforts to identify alumni at target employer organizations across key industry verticals to create a network of advocates to champion opportunities and to build new relationships across a wide range of industries.
- Manages activities and communication with the pool of current corporate partners to generate future custom corporate education programs.
- Responsible for identifying small, medium, and large size businesses in the Boston Area in key sectors.
- Meets targets for obtaining and maintaining partnerships.
- Gains solid knowledge of key sectors.
- Collaborates with program staff to ensure a positive end-to-end experience.
- Becomes a subject matter expert on CCPE processes, products, and operations and remains up to date on industry news.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field preferred
- Experience with inside and outside sales strategies
- Minimum of 4-5 years' relevant work experience
- Possesses strong visual, verbal, and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently, juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and ensure work quality and accuracy.
- Possess a positive attitude, a collaborative spirit, and a forward-thinking mindset.
- Knowledge of Social Media Platforms
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with Hubspot, Marketo, or equivalent marketing automation platform.
- Previous experience working in a higher education environment
- Experience with photography and videography for online use
- Experience with content management systems, social media, and web-publishing tools
Suffolk University does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, genetic information, or status as a veteran in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs, activities, or employment. Suffolk University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff that reflect the broad range of human experience who contribute to the robust exchange of ideas on campus, and who are committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. We strongly encourage applications from groups historically marginalized or underrepresented because of race/color, gender, religious creed, disability, national origin, veteran status or LGBTQ status. Suffolk University is especially interested in candidates who, through their training, service and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the University community.