Geotechnical/Tunneling Engineering Director - 2101
STV is a leading, award-winning professional firm offering engineering, architectural, planning, environmental and construction management services. We consistently rank among the country's top 25 firms in education, corrections, highways, bridges, rail and mass transit. Throughout the United States and in Canada, STV’s professional, technical and support personnel offer services to a broad and ever-expanding client base. We provide planning, environmental, design, program and construction management, and specialty services for the transportation, design-build, institutional and commercial building, advanced technology, industrial and defense markets.
STV currently has an opening in our New York City office for a Geotechnical/Tunneling Engineering Director to join our firm.to work as part of our Transportation & Infrastructure Division. Candidates will also have the ability to work remotely if desired.
- Be part of go/no-go team reviews and provide technical oversight of proposal preparation.
- Provide leadership, oversight and mentorship and management of tunneling and geotechnical staff
- Provide oversight, direction and leadership for underground and pursuits
- Assist in developing strategic approach projects with heavy underground and geotechnical focus
- Serve as project/design manager on tunneling and underground projects
- Manage collaboration between various business lines and regions with the geotechnical and tunneling market
- Establishing and developing teaming relationships with other consulting firms as necessary
- Help identify, attract, and assist in recruiting additional tunneling and geotechnical staff
- Provide technical oversight, recommend design concepts, solutions, and methodologies
- Lead, manage, and deliver tunneling and underground engineering services on projects including geotechnical and tunneling engineering
- Minimum B.S. Degree in Civil engineering. Master’s degree in civil engineering, tunneling or geotechnical engineering
- Minimum of 15 years of tunnel and underground related experience
- Professional registration in at least one state and willingness to register in other states if needed
- Thoroughly knowledgeable of geotechnical and tunnel design and construction, including geotechnical and foundation engineering, and tunneling methods and techniques.
- Membership with relevant professional organizations and active participation in national tunneling and/or geotechnical associations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strategic thinker, with demonstrated collaboration skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment and gain the support of others.
STV, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to equal opportunity for all. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sex stereotyping, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or immigration status, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital or partnership status, status, reproductive health decisions, military or veteran status, performance of duty in a uniformed service, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, political party affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence or as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status, salary history, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation status, expunged juvenile record, place of residence or business, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.