Overhead Contact (OCS) Inspector - 1528
Build Your Career at STV
At STV, we not only tackle world-class projects, we also develop employee skills, recognize achievements and offer opportunities for advancement. So, if you’re looking for a rewarding position working for an award-winning industry leader, then STV is the place for you. We are a well-respected AEC firm with 40 offices throughout the US and 2,400 employees.
Grow at STV
Life is an ongoing learning experience, and we want you to continue to grow here at STV. We offer several programs and benefits, from professional development seminars, tuition reimbursement program, a career development program, online education initiatives, and much more to help you expand your knowledge and develop your skills, so you can take your career to the next level with STV.
Take Care of Your Personal & Financial Health
With a wide range of competitive benefit programs, we are committed to helping employees be personally and financially healthy and productive.
STV currently has an opening in our Seattle office for an Overhead Contact System (OCS) Inspector in our Rail Systems group which is part of the Transportation and Infrastructure division.
Overhead Contact System Inspector –Activities involve the inspection associated with the construction and testing for overhead contact system for the Sound Transit Northgate Eastlink Projects.
- Assist in weekly and monthly reporting, as well as review of items delivers by contractors.
- Support Lead Quality Engineers and Project Engineers regarding field office drawing controls, including assurance that contract drawing sets and as-built record drawings are current.
- Attend meetings as required and develop meeting minutes with follow-up actions. Prepare Off-Hour Notification.
- Must be proficient with applicable software and record keeping methods.
- Provides support in semi-complex review of results to determine that products perform in the intended manner.
- Provides technical assistance on construction feasibility.
- Maintains detailed and comprehensive records of the installed OCS
- Provides support in documenting product issues for future reference and problem resolution.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with others, including multidisciplinary staff in different offices.
- Knowledgeable on fixed and auto-tensioned overhead contact system.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in the construction/testing of overhead contact systems.
- Associates Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent degree desirable
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.