Senior Regional Construction Scheduler - 3159
STV is a leading, award-winning professional firm offering engineering, architectural, planning, environmental and construction management services. We consistently rank among the country's top firms in education, corrections, highways, bridges, rail and mass transit. We consistently rank in the top CM firms nationwide.
STV is looking for a Senior Regional Construction Scheduler for our Los Angeles team.
- Reporting directly to the Sr Construction Manager for Scheduling and Estimating and provides updates and prepares reports for upper management in order to meet Key Performance Indicators.
- Supervise Project Schedulers to ensure project timelines are met and interfaces with OARs, Senior Project Managers and other site staff and contractors related to the review of CPM schedules, preparation of project scope and budget.
- Projects staffing needs and makes recommendations to executive staff to improve staff requirements.
- Develops and maintains program schedules identifying relationships, logic, milestones, and constraints for construction projects of various types.
- Independently interprets and reads detailed construction drawings (Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Civil, etc.) and develops a clear understanding of work scope.
- Reviews Contractor’s Baseline schedule submissions and verifies that all work scope is identified properly and logically sequenced correctly; provides written detailed schedule review comments.
- Performs QA/QC on contractor schedule submittals for conformance with contract terms; reviews critical path, cost loading, resource loading of man-hours, schedule content, recovery schedules, use of logic relationships and lags, constraints and milestones.
- Performs schedule Time Impact Analysis for any change orders that affect the construction schedule; conducts schedule negotiations with the OAR and the contractor for any delay time settlements.
- Reads drawings to determine if work is in or out of scope, and understands terms and conditions of the contract to determine if any compensable or non-compensable time extensions have merit.
- Performs Critical Path analysis and Earned Value analysis.
- Walks the construction sites as needed and checks the contractor’s weekly/monthly schedule progress; provides reports to the project OAR and upper management.
- Effectively communicates with the Contractor regarding all schedule/progress related matters and concerns in the weekly status meetings and all other schedule related meetings.
- Performs Program Schedule QA/QC reviews on a regular basis.
- Performs status updates for Program Schedules/Master Schedules on a bi-monthly basis.
- Prepares reports as needed and directed by Management
- Minimum of eight (8) years full time paid professional experience in Scheduling for an owner or General Contractor, preferably working on multiple educational facilities or public works projects
- Proficiency in Primavera Latest Version and MS Office Suite
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in any course, but with additional two (2) years of experience in Construction Scheduling to compensate for the required education
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational and planning skills
- Ability to build efficient working relationships with project teams and department staff
- Understanding of theories, principles and practices of cost engineering, scheduling and schedule forensics
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At STV, we are fully committed to expanding our culture of diversity and inclusion, one that will reflect the clients we serve and the communities we work in, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.