BIM Specialist - 1897
STV Incorporated is an international multidiscipline engineering/architectural consulting and construction management company performing over $300 million in revenue annually. STV’s Construction Management Division is a nationwide practice that provides a distinctive range of expertise to clients in both the public and private sectors. Our varied services encompass program, project, and construction management, as well as project controls, purchasing and contracting, and fiscal stewardship. Our portfolio within the Construction Management Division includes the public works, healthcare, research, commercial, industrial, educational, judicial, institutional, transportation, and aviation market sectors.
We currently have an opening in our New York office for a BIM Specialist to work with our Project Controls Group, located in New York, NY.
- Assist the day-to-day operations of the coordination process during construction
- Help develop and maintain BIM automation tools to increase efficiencies for the internal team.
- Perform clash detection and provide clash reports for major infrastructure projects.
- Perform model validation checks on models submitted by external parties.
- Perform Revit modeling for gaps in the modeling scope.
- Help guide the field team in utilizing BIM in the field with mobile technology.
- Utilize point clouds to validate models and familiarity with laser scanning tech.
- Assist in creating mappings from BIM to other construction data systems – 4D, 5D BIM
- Provide BIM-based progress tracking and reporting.
- Perform data management and document maintenance in client-approved Project Management Information Systems (PMIS) like e-builder, Procore.
- Attend client-facing BIM/PMIS meetings and be able to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience using Navisworks Manage, Revit, and AutoCAD in the AEC industry.
- Knowledge and experience with VDC Workflows on construction projects such as clash coordination, 4D/5D scheduling, and other processes.
- Understanding basic construction workflows and different stakeholders part of the process.
- Understanding of construction drawings, specifications, submittals, and RFI processes.
- Understanding of construction scheduling and estimating; basic Oracle P6 skills
- Revit and Navisworks API or other C# or Python programming experience is a plus.
Recommended Work Traits:
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact professionally in a construction environment
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable with hosting meetings and resolving conflicts between different parties.
- Ability to work independently to provide BIM deliverables; Good understanding of time and effort required for technical tasks.
- Passion for innovation and utilizing new technology for construction.
STV, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to equal opportunity for all. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sex stereotyping, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or immigration status, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital or partnership status, status, reproductive health decisions, military or veteran status, performance of duty in a uniformed service, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, political party affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence or as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status, salary history, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation status, expunged juvenile record, place of residence or business, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.