Project Accountant - 2044
STV currently has an exciting opportunity in our New York office for a Project Accountant in our Construction Management division . The Project Accountant oversees all aspects of the day-to-day finance and accounting functions on our current project(s) for which they are responsible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform all aspects of Senior Project Accounting from project setup and maintenance; review and adjustment of time and expense charges; revenue recognition; billing; WIP analysis and reconciliation; collections/AR reconciliation; AP and project closeout.
- Ensures projects are set up and maintained in accordance with contractual terms and conditions
- Oversight of the existing accounting/billing team on the project
- Prepares Client invoices in accordance with company billing policy guidelines
- Reviews and processes project related vendor and sub-consultant invoices
- Reviews and monitors project cost/performance on a weekly basis
- Reconciles WIP on a monthly basis to ensure that revenues and billings are in alignment
- Reviews Accounts Receivable to ensure timely payment of invoices
- Preparation of ad hoc analysis and reports
- Reviews projects regularly for closeout
- Works closely with Project managers and support team to meet the overall financial objectives of the company and division
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- Minimum of three (3) years’ of relevant experience, but a minimum of six (6) years’ of relevant experience is preferred with at least 3 years of experience in an administrative or supervisory role.
- Strong knowledge of School Construction Authority accounting procedures is preferred but not required.
- Proactive in solving problems
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in the Engineering/Architecture or Construction industry preferred
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner
STV, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to equal opportunity for all. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sex stereotyping, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or immigration status, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital or partnership status, status, reproductive health decisions, military or veteran status, performance of duty in a uniformed service, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, political party affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence or as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status, salary history, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation status, expunged juvenile record, place of residence or business, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.