Senior Project Manager - 1402
STV is an award-winning national leader consistently ranking among the country's top companies in the design and planning of infrastructure and transportation systems. More than 100 years old, the firm provides comprehensive architectural, engineering, planning, environmental, and construction management services for public and private sector clients. Our success is the direct result of our employees' commitment to innovation and quality across all 40 offices and over 2000 people nationwide.
STV is seeking a Senior Project Manager for our Transportation and Infrastructure Division Group in our Fairfax or Richmond, Virginia office. We currently service Class I and Shortline Railroads all throughout the southeast. For this role, support will be to projects and clients in Virginia and the District of Columbia, including projects for VRE, WMATA and VDRPT. Our projects include a variety of planning, on-site support and design reviews, final design and construction of transit and rail projects.
This role will lead and coordinate with a team of local and regional resources in the development of environmental documents, planning and feasibility studies, preliminary and final civil engineering design, construction specifications, cost estimating, schedules and review of construction submittals. This leader should have strong communication and organizational skills and understand how to interact directly with clients and outside agencies involving all disciplines of civil engineering projects.
The selected candidate will oversee projects that include the planning and design of civil site plans, railroad track/drainage plans, bridge plans, tunnel plans etc. in addition to numerous construction related submittals. Coordination directly with our clients and with outside agencies, i.e. FRA, DOT’s, Rail companies, Developers and development of engineering and construction documents
Tasks will also include:
- Responsible for the oversight and/or development of civil engineering plans, construction submittals and developing cost estimates
- Leading project meetings, participating in field work, advising our client and coordinating with outside agencies
- Supporting other project managers with track design for Class I railroads and commuter rail networks in Virginia and the District of Columbia.
- Provide solutions to clients for a variety of transit civil engineering studies and designs within the footprint of complex urban environments.
- Minimum 15 years of any of the following: rail, civil, structural, roadway or drainage design with a Bachelor's in Civil Engineering with progressively responsible experience and at least 5 years managing medium to large rail design and/or planning projects.
- PE is required
- Experience with relevant software packages including Microstation, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and a proven ability to complete tasks on time.
- Class I and SL Railroad Track Design Experience
- Prior experience with VRE, WMATA and/or VDRPT
- Roadway Design Experience
- Drainage Design Experience
- Rail Design-Build Project Experience
- Rail experience with CSX and N/S RR is a plus
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.