Healthcare Senior Project Manager - 2490
STV is a multidiscipline engineering/architectural consulting and owner representative (not at risk) company. STV’s Owners Representative Division is a nationwide practice that provides a distinctive range of expertise to Healthcare Facility clients in both the public and private sectors. Our varied services encompass program, owner project management, as well as project controls, purchasing and contracting, and fiscal stewardship as the Owners Representative. Our portfolio within the Owner Representative Division includes public works, healthcare, research, commercial, industrial, educational, judicial, institutional, transportation and aviation market sectors.
We are seeking Healthcare Senior Project Managers with a strong history of recent healthcare experience representing owner’s on capital programs, renovations and additions for both new and occupied healthcare facilities. The successful candidate will assume a role in our division completing Capital Program Management/Owners Representative assignments. As a Project Manager representing the owner and owner stakeholder groups you will be an integral part of a team of professionals leading the delivery of healthcare specific programs as an owners representative in the Bronx, Queens and Westchester County areas. As a Project Manager you will represent the owner’s interest in managing program design professionals and contractors constructing state of the art Healthcare, Pharmaceutical and Laboratory facilities. In this role the Project Manager will provide management for all phases of capital projects such as budgeting, planning, design, bidding, construction, commissioning, and close out services. Become a part of one of the most dynamic and fast paced market sectors in the construction industry.
Responding to institutional imperatives, the OPM shall effectively identify innovative solutions and bring clarity to the project process using a sophisticated analytical approach and sound judgement. Using project management tools and techniques, core focus areas include defining and meeting project goals, budget, schedule, scope, quality, risk mitigation and responding to field conditions and construction logistics and challenges.
The OPM shall work close with and develop strong collaborative approaches with Facility Stakeholders, Space Planning, Operations, IT/AV, Security and Facility Healthcare User teams to promote and enable clear and effective communication and team centric leadership, integrating internal teams with consultant design teams throughout the design and construction process.
The OPM will lead multiple high-complexity projects of diverse scope requiring an understanding of Healthcare Programing and Planning, DOH code compliance, Healthcare function and operational procedures and practices, current business trends, construction techniques, innovative project delivery methods, thorough knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, core and shell construction as well as rigor in compliance, and the highest standard of care. Science projects include research laboratories, vivarium, pilot scale manufacturing, major scientific equipment, and infrastructure projects.
Responsibilities include leadership in all aspects of owner representative/project management, goal setting, productivity, departmental initiatives, mentorship, and achievement-oriented focus that fosters a productive team environment while driving projects to successful completion is essential.
- Performs owner representative/project management for major construction, renovation and healthcare facility related projects using mastery of domain knowledge and extensive business experience; Leads the cross functional healthcare projects and initiatives with the highest resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Monitors design and construction activities to ensure that all phases of work are done in accordance with corporate standards and contractual agreements that is compliant to schedule and budget requirements.
- Establishes and maintains highly complex project budgets, cash flow analyses, and cost estimates, as well as reviews purchase orders, change orders, and invoices with significant impact on the success of company operations
- Identifies and addresses areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risks.
- Develops, monitors, and maintains project schedules. Ensures that project objectives with regard to time are met.
- Maintains client, consultant, contractor, and vendor relationships. Manages conflict resolution.
- Communicates highly complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at executive leadership levels, to adopt a different point of view
- Evaluates, develops and selects standards, tools, and knowledge requirements for Facilities Owner Representative/Project Management skills and career development. Provides guidance, direction, and instruction in Facilities Owner Representative/Project Management to less experienced team members and colleagues
- Bachelor’s Degree required, in Architecture, Engineering or related field
- PE or RA required
- Minimum of 20 years of site/civil, clinical renovations and owner representative/project management experience, specifically in Pharmaceutical, Laboratory and/or Healthcare related projects
- Minimum of $50 million in construction completed
- Experience, knowledge, and a track record in project management techniques, concepts, principles, and standards. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels both within and outside the company in order to establish credibility with professionals on the project teams.
- Proficient in advanced techniques with relevant software. Knowledge and ability to creatively resolve issues as they arise.
- Knowledge and ability to supervise people, including recruitment, training, performance management, and people development.
- High proficiency with general Microsoft applications, including MS Project and Share Point. Experience with project management applications.
- Architectural or Engineering background with planning, design, construction administration, compliance, and infrastructure system understanding preferred.
- Anticipates business and industry issues; recommends product, process or service improvements
- Technical: Identifies and resolves unique situations of substantial significance, requiring conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions to complex problems with broad impact on the business; proficient in advanced techniques with relevant software; experience, knowledge, and a track record in project management techniques, concepts, principles, and standards.
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view; requires superior written and verbal communications skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels both within and outside the company in order to establish credibility with professionals on the project teams; knowledge and ability to creatively resolve issues as they arise; able to get things done through others both within and outside the company; results oriented and highly motivated.
As a matter of policy and to protect STV’s colleagues, clients and business partners, STV requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of such vaccination to STV as of the start date of their employment.
STV considers all applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age; arrest or conviction record; caregiver status; citizenship status; race; color; credit history; creed, disability; sex; gender; gender identity or expression; hairstyle; immigration status; marital status; military, uniformed service, or veteran status; ancestry or national origin; creed; citizenship status; partnership status; disability; pre-employment marijuana testing; pregnancy; race; religion; salary history; sexual and reproductive health decisions; sexual orientation; status as victim of domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking; unemployment status; or any additional category or characteristic that is protected as defined by applicable federal law, the New York State Human Rights Law, and New York City Human Rights Law, as amended from time to time.