Engineering Director - Highway Bridges - 1454
STV is an award winning national leader consistently ranking among the country's top companies in the design and planning of infrastructure and transportation systems. More than 100 years old, the firm provides comprehensive architectural, engineering, planning, environmental, and construction management services for public and private sector clients. Our success is the direct result of our employees' commitment to innovation and quality across all 40 offices and over 2000+ people nationwide.
We have a thriving Transportation & Infrastructure practice in Florida with a close-knit, team oriented group that is growing rapidly as we expand our service lines. Due to our success, we need to continue to add resources to assist with the delivery of our current extensive backlog of work. This is a great opportunity to join a highly motivated and successful team that has played a significant role in numerous major transportation projects throughout Florida.
We have an immediate need for a structures design leader to be located in our Jacksonville office. This position will include discipline leadership, project management, business development, and staff management. The successful candidate will support our current staff while assisting in growing the structures design practice to better service our clients in the Jacksonville Area and throughout North Florida.
This role offers extensive opportunities to build and maintain existing client relationships, broaden STV’s service offerings geographically, manage projects, and mentor junior staff, all while promoting the culture of a healthy work-life balance.
This position offers a leadership role at an Engineer News-Record (ENR) Top 50 rated firm. This individual would assist other senior staff in collaborating with various transportation agencies in North Florida. The ideal candidate is an individual who desires to build and lead a team, is professionally respected, an excellent communicator, and possesses a vast understanding of structural engineering principles.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Florida Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Minimum of 15 years of structural engineering experience
- Staff/group management experience
- Project management experience such as scope development, scheduling, client management, and invoicing
- Proposal development and business development experience
- Experience with FDOT Districts 2, 3, and 5 preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Mathcad and familiarity with structural analysis software packages
- Strong skills in structural analysis, steel and concrete design
- Complex concrete and structural steel design experience preferred
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.