Project Accountant - 2513
STV currently has an exciting opportunity in our Douglassville, PA office for a Project Accountant. The Project Accountant oversees all aspects of the day-to-day finance and accounting functions on our current projects for which they are responsible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform all aspects of Project Accounting from project setup and maintenance; review and adjustment of time and expense charges; revenue recognition; billing; WIP analysis and reconciliation; collections/AR reconciliation; AP and project closeout.
- Ensures projects are set up and maintained in accordance with contractual terms and conditions
- Prepares Client invoices in accordance with company billing policy guidelines
- Reviews and processes project related vendor and sub-consultant invoices
- Reviews and monitors project cost/performance on a weekly basis
- Reconciles WIP on a monthly basis to ensure that revenues and billings are in alignment
- Reviews Accounts Receivable to ensure timely payment of invoices
- Preparation of ad hoc analysis and reports
- Reviews projects regularly for closeout
- Works closely with Project managers and support team to meet the overall financial objectives of the company and division
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in finance or project accounting
- Proactive in solving problems
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in the Architectural/Engineering/Construction (A/E/C) industry preferred
As a matter of policy and to protect STV’s colleagues, clients and business partners, STV requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of such vaccination to STV as of the start date of their employment.
STV considers all applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age; arrest or conviction record; caregiver status; citizenship status; race; color; credit history; creed, disability; sex; gender; gender identity or expression; hairstyle; immigration status; marital status; military, uniformed service, or veteran status; ancestry or national origin; creed; citizenship status; partnership status; disability; pre-employment marijuana testing; pregnancy; race; religion; salary history; sexual and reproductive health decisions; sexual orientation; status as victim of domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking; unemployment status; or any additional category or characteristic that is protected as defined by applicable federal law, the New York State Human Rights Law, and New York City Human Rights Law, as amended from time to time.