Project Manager - Life Sciences - 1194
STV | DPM is part of a national, award-winning firm, providing comprehensive Owner’s Representative services to assist clients throughout the entire project process—from definition of need through design, construction, relocation and closeout. We provide these services on a variety of projects in major real estate markets, including Corporate, Academic, Healthcare, High-Tech & R&D, Industrial, Laboratory & Life Science, Non-Profit and Municipal. We hire candidates with strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated industry experience and a desire to join a dynamic team of PM’s offering real personal and professional growth.
STV is a community of over 1,800 professionals comprised of engineers, architects, project managers and energy consultants in 40 offices throughout North America. This diversity provides our clients with resources and expertise in all facets of projects, and our employees with unrivaled career development opportunities.
We are seeking a Project Manager with operations, planning, and construction experience within the Life Sciences sector for our Newton, MA office.
The role will be leading R&D, cGLP, and cGMP laboratory and operational projects from the initial planning phase through the final close out post move-in. Programming / documentation of space requirements and equipment list development is often the first stage. Engaging a design team and efficiently managing the process is a paramount part of this role. Working with the client to develop a baseline budget to design to and ensuring both the design team and end users are working towards the budget is key. Engaging with the client’s operations team leads and Quality team as part of design is a must to ensure all operational aspects are addressed within the design. The candidate will engage a construction management (or GC) firm through an RFP process and manage this team through closeout. Coordination with the client’s internal teams to appropriately plan, manage change control, and execute the project. This role may oversee another STV team member in support of the move specific aspects. Managing all close-out documentation in accordance with the client’s record program. Position may be dedicated at one client site full time or may be managing multiple projects at different sites.
- Running weekly project meetings and distributing minutes
- Engage client technical and compliance groups to assure all procedures are followed
- Coordinate bid & award and or procurement of construction services for office/lab TI, modular furniture, IT, telephone, security, audio / visual equipment planning
- Generating and tracking project schedules and budgets
- Overseeing construction and renovations of lab and office space
- On-Site coordination of work in conjunction with contractor, design team and client staff
- Daily client end user interaction and communication
- Reviews / approval of monthly invoices for specialty vendors
- Monitors & provides recommendations to the client w/ respect to change orders
- Other project-specific tasks, as required
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills, extreme attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple tasks
- 4-year degree in building construction, engineering, architecture or a related field
- MS Windows, Office and Project experience required; AutoCAD, BIM, Revit, eBuilder, MS Project, Primavera experience a plus
- LEED, CCM, or PMP certification a plus
- 5+ years of project management experience, specifically in Life Science sector
- Management of projects in a Biology and/or Chemistry lab, or cGMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) operations
- Occupied space renovations including critical utilities shutdown
- Building systems commissioning and validation
- Laboratory equipment coordination, installation and relocation
- Laboratory safety training
- Laboratory operations, material flows, PPE requirements, general knowledge of acceptable conditions
Job Location: Newton, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.