Construction Assistant Project Manager
We are seeking an Assistant Project Manager with experience in the management of design, construction and relocation projects to join our fast paced and high energy team! This position is located in the Greater Boston or Hartford Office locations.
STV | DPM is part of a national, award-winning firm, providing comprehensive Owner’s Representative services to assist clients throughout the entire project process—from definition of need through design, construction, relocation and closeout. We provide these services on a variety of projects in major real estate markets, including Corporate, Academic, Healthcare, High-Tech & R&D, Industrial, Laboratory & Life Science, Non-Profit and Municipal. We hire candidates with strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated industry experience and a desire to join a dynamic team of PM’s offering real personal and professional growth.
STV is a community of over 1,800 professionals comprised of engineers, architects, project managers and energy consultants in 40 offices throughout North America. This diversity provides our clients with resources and expertise in all facets of projects, and our employees with unrivaled career development opportunities.
Scope & Project Types
The Assistant Project Manager will support projects in a variety of industry segments including corporate office, industrial, lab/life science, healthcare, education and the public sector.
Project types include interior renovations and additions as well as new ground-up build-to-suits. Our role may involve oversight of all phases of work from site selection, pre-construction planning, budgeting, scheduling, programming, A/E/C team selection, design and construction management, FF&E procurement and installation, equipment planning and move coordination.
STV|DPM acts as a true extension of our client’s staff to deliver their projects on time, on budget, at the quality expected and with zero downtime to their operations.
Responsibilities (Will vary based on individual project requirements)
- Project Administration
- Support project teams and have regular contact with clients
- Work with client’s in-house teams to support operational needs
- Participate in regular project meetings and document progress and action items
- Work with Project Managers to develop and manage project budgets and schedules
- Facilitate collaborative communication between all team members
- Work with the project manager to ensure accountability and drive decision making
- Understand and administer STV|DPM contract
- Assist the Project manager to develop RFP’s, create bid lists, conduct interviews, evaluate proposals and make vendor recommendations for a variety of products and services including design, engineering, construction, furniture, IT/AV/Security/Lab equipment, movers, and other providers
- Planning & Pre-Construction
- Work with the Project Manager to develop project budgets and schedules
- Attend regular meetings and document action items
- Design & Construction
- Oversee design and construction activities and work with the Project Manager to identify and proactively mitigate challenges
- Conduct regular site visits and participate in construction meetings
- Work with the Project Manager to update budget and schedule and document progress and action items
- Integrate non-construction vendors and services into the construction timeline and activities. This may include specialty equipment, furniture, signage, security, A/V, IT-Technology
- Work with the Project Manager to review payment requisitions and change orders
- Relocation & Closeout
- Support regular end-user move meetings and vendor team meetings
- Work with the Project Manager to create move phasing and space assignment documents
- Supervision of physical move
- Post move punch list and closeout
- Support the team in the preparation of project close-out documents including financial reporting and operational documents and manuals
- Technical project management skills related to planning, design, construction and/or relocation projects sufficient to ensure success in this position
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Capability to manage competing demands on multiple client projects simultaneously
- Be able to prioritize and handle challenging projects with minimal supervision
- Comfortable participating in meetings and presenting data
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and meet deadlines
- Comfortable working between STV|DPM’s offices and multiple client sites. Must have personal transportation
Education & Experience:
- 4-year degree in building construction, engineering, architecture, facilities management or a related field
- Minimum of 1 year of project management, design or facilities management experience
- MS Windows, Office and Project experience required; AutoCAD, BIM, Revit, eBuilder, MS Project, Primavera experience a plus
- LEED, CCM, or PMP certification a plus
- Familiarity with building codes and standards
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.