Senior Electrical Engineer - 2293
Senior Electrical Engineer
Build Your Career at STV
At STV, we not only tackle world-class projects, we also develop employee skills, recognize achievements, and offer opportunities for advancement. So, if you’re looking for a rewarding position working for an industry leader, then STV is the place for you. A We are a well-respected AEC firm with 40 offices throughout the US and 2,400 employees.
Grow at STV
Life is an ongoing learning experience, and we want you to continue to grow here at STV. We offer several programs and benefits, from professional development seminars, tuition reimbursement program, a career development program, online education initiatives, and much more to help you expand your knowledge and develop your skills, so you can take your career to the next level with STV.
Take Care of Your Personal & Financial Health
With a wide range of competitive benefit programs, we are committed to helping employees be personally and financially healthy and productive.
STV is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer in the Metro DC area for our Transportation and Infrastructure division.
- Work as a Senior Electrical Engineer with traction power/ medium voltage distribution.
- Preparation of power systems ac and dc single-line diagrams, metering and relaying schematics, ac and dc control schematics, wiring drawings, substation equipment layout drawings, conduit routing drawings, cable schedules, equipment mounting and installation drawings, grounding grid design, lightning protection design, lighting design, and related power distribution design drawings.
- Plan ac power system and dc traction power system load flow, short-circuit, protective relay coordination, arc-flash, step-and-touch potential, cable pulling tension, bus bar support, and cable ampacity studies and calculations.
- Generate engineering technical specifications, installation and testing instructions and construction cost estimates.
- Perform onsite inspections, measurements, and field reports in live high-voltage substations and along active railroads.
- Attend factory tests and preparing field reports.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (an emphasis in power systems preferred).
- Current Professional Engineering (PE) License and active registration in the US.
- A minimum of 11 years of experience in the design of ac and dc substations and power distribution systems in the electric utility or transit/railroad industry.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with others, including multidisciplinary staff in different offices.
- Skilled in writing clear, concise, and logical design engineering documents.
- Proficient at using commercial ac power system analysis software (load flow, short circuit, relay coordination, grounding grid design).
- Proficient at using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint software programs.
- Ability to use and apply a circuit analysis software package such as SKM, ETAP, EMTP, PSS/E, EasyPower, and general-purpose analysis software such a MathCAD.
As a matter of policy and to protect STV’s colleagues, clients and business partners, STV requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of such vaccination to STV as of the start date of their employment.
STV considers all applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age; arrest or conviction record; caregiver status; citizenship status; race; color; credit history; creed, disability; sex; gender; gender identity or expression; hairstyle; immigration status; marital status; military, uniformed service, or veteran status; ancestry or national origin; creed; citizenship status; partnership status; disability; pre-employment marijuana testing; pregnancy; race; religion; salary history; sexual and reproductive health decisions; sexual orientation; status as victim of domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking; unemployment status; or any additional category or characteristic that is protected as defined by applicable federal law, the New York State Human Rights Law, and New York City Human Rights Law, as amended from time to time.