Lead Site Civil Engineer - 5009-872
STV, Inc. is currently seeking a Lead Site Civil Engineer for its Buildings and Facilities group in New York, NY. The candidate will work on a wide variety of projects including schools, health care centers, higher education, and multi-modal transportation facilities, in additional to supervising and mentoring junior and mid-level engineers.
Individuals will be responsible for the development of permitting & construction documents for building and facilities projects located primarily in NY/NJ area that involve site layout, grading, drainage, water resources, stormwater management, erosion/sediment control, roads, site utilities (i.e. water, sewer, storm drain, and fire) for complex redevelopment/green field sites. The individual will also be responsible for the development of project specifications, calculations, reports, order of magnitude construction estimates and providing construction administration services.
Essential duties for the Lead Civil Engineering candidate will include:
- Ensure that design work of building and facilities projects executed by the group are technically correct, within budget and completed in a timely manner.
- Make staff assignments to projects, monitor productivity and quality of performance. Plan, organize, coordinate and supervise the activities of the group.
- The candidate will also support technical development of proposals, develop fee proposals, and serve as a technical resource for Quality Control
- The candidate will be expected to mentor junior staff, engage with engineers and designers, project managers, and clients to deliver high quality projects on schedule.
- STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 11 years of site/civil design experience with ability to mentor and manage staff
- PE License (in New York or New Jersey) is required
- Client focused and driven
- Minimum of 3 years of NYC design/permitting experience
- Experience working with New York City and State permitting agencies required.
- Design experience in site planning, layout, grading, drainage, stormwater management, erosion & sediment control, and site utilities for complex building and/or facilities projects
- Knowledge of interpreting local codes, ordinances, municipal/state permits and site development approvals and other design guidelines
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D is required (MicroStation/Inroads experience plus) .
- Solid verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to work in a team environment and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Flood resilience experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of both Rational Method and TR-55 methodology for stormwater runoff calculations
- LEED AP Certification a plus
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.