Construction Project Manager - Healthcare
We are seeking Project Managers and Senior Project Managers with experience in the management of design, construction and relocation projects in the healthcare industry to join our fast paced and high energy team!
STV | DPM is part of a national, award-winning firm, providing comprehensive Owner’s Representative services to assist clients throughout the entire project process—from definition of need through design, construction, relocation and closeout. We provide these services on a variety of projects in major real estate markets, including Corporate, Academic, Healthcare, High-Tech & R&D, Industrial, Laboratory & Life Science, Non-Profit and Municipal. We hire candidates with strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated industry experience and a desire to join a dynamic team of PM’s offering real personal and professional growth.
STV is a community of over 1,800 professionals comprised of engineers, architects, project managers and energy consultants in 40 offices throughout North America. This diversity provides our clients with resources and expertise in all facets of projects, and our employees with unrivaled career development opportunities.
Scope & Project Types
The PM/SPM will be part of our Healthcare team and will be responsible for managing a range of projects in active hospital clinical or surgical spaces, medical office buildings, infrastructure and operational projects from the initial planning through design, construction, move-in and close out. This may involve understanding and managing operational items including the coordination of Interim Life Safety Methods, Infection Control Risk Assessments, Contractor Orientations, critical utility shutdowns, equipment installations and other safety and quality requirements for working in an occupied hospital environment.
Project types include interior renovations and additions as well as new ground-up build-to-suits. Our role may involve oversight of all phases of work from site selection, pre-construction planning, budgeting, scheduling, programming, A/E/C team selection, design and construction management, FF&E procurement and installation, equipment planning and move coordination.
STV|DPM acts as a true extension of our client’s staff to deliver their projects on time, on budget, at the quality expected and with zero downtime to their operations.
Responsibilities (Will vary based on individual project requirements)
- Project Administration
- Lead project teams and serve as primary client point of contact
- Engage client’s in-house teams to address all operational needs
- Run regular project meetings and document progress and action items
- Develop and manage project budgets and schedules
- Ensure collaborative communication between all team members
- Establish accountability and drive decision making
- Understand and administer STV|DPM contract
- Develop RFP’s, create bid lists, conduct interviews, evaluate proposals and make vendor recommendations for a variety of products and services including design, engineering, construction, furniture, IT/AV/Security/Lab equipment, movers, and other providers
- Planning & Pre-Construction
- Assist in site evaluation, recommendation and selection
- Review work-letters and leases and provide comment
- Establish project budgets and schedules
- Manage the design process through permitting
- Design & Construction
- Oversee design and construction activities and proactively mitigate challenges
- Conduct regular site visits and construction meetings
- Manage budget and schedule and document progress and action items
- Integrate non-construction vendors and services into the construction timeline and activities. This may include specialty equipment, furniture, signage, security, A/V, IT-Technology
- Manage payment requisitions and negotiate change orders
- Relocation & Closeout
- Conduct regular end-user move meetings and vendor team meetings
- Create move phasing and space assignment documents
- Supervision of physical move
- Post move punch list and closeout
- Preparation of project close-out documents including financial reporting and operational documents and manuals
- Technical project management skills related to planning, design, construction and/or relocation projects sufficient to ensure success in this position
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Capability to manage competing demands on multiple client projects simultaneously
- Be able to prioritize and handle challenging projects with minimal supervision
- Comfortable managing meetings, presenting data and participating and presenting in interviews
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and meet deadlines
- Comfortable working between STV|DPM’s offices and multiple client sites. Must have personal transportation
- Ability to mentor, train and supervise assistant project management staff
Education & Experience:
- 4-year degree in building construction, engineering, architecture, facilities management or a related field
- Minimum of 5 (PM) and 10 (SPM) years of project management experience in Hospital and Medical building projects including work in a 24/7 environment, the coordination of ICRA, utility shutdowns, equipment coordination and frequent interaction with hospital staff.
- MS Windows, Office and Project experience required; AutoCAD, BIM, Revit, eBuilder, MS Project, Primavera experience a plus
- LEED, CCM, or PMP certification a plus FGI or AIA healthcare familiarity and ASHE certification preferred.
- Familiarity with building codes and standards
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.