Healthcare Senior Project Manager - 3237
STV is a leading, award-winning professional firm offering engineering, architectural, planning, environmental and construction management services. STV consistently ranks among the country's top firms in many of the markets we serve. STV’s PM/CM Division is a national practice providing a comprehensive compendium of services to a broad and ever expanding client base. Our services encompass program advisory, project management, project controls, owner’s representative and construction management as agent. Our portfolio within the PM/CM Division includes healthcare, bio life science, public works, research, commercial, industrial, educational, judicial, institutional, transportation and aviation market sectors.
We are seeking Healthcare Senior Project Managers with a strong history of recent healthcare experience representing owner’s on capital programs, facility upgrades, renovations and additions for both new and occupied healthcare facilities. The successful candidate will assume a role in our division managing Capital Program Management/Owners Representative assignments. The successful candidate will represent the owner and owner stakeholder groups and be an integral part of a high preforming team of professionals leading the delivery of projects and or programs for healthcare specific clients in Staten Island New York. The Senior Project Manager will represent the owner’s interest in managing design professionals and contractors constructing state of the art Healthcare, Pharmaceutical and Bio Life Science facilities. In this role the Senior Project Manager will work alongside of executive managers and will guide the project team to manage all phases of the project life cycle including but not limited to budgeting, planning, design, bidding, construction, commissioning, move management planning and close out services. Join STV and become part of one of the most dynamic and fast paced market sectors in the construction industry.
Responsibilities include assisting the Executive Managers in leading the project team. The SPM will set goals, develop project implementation strategies, policies and procedures to guide the project/program and mentoring team members. The SPM shall manage staff, recruit new staff, manage program financials and schedules. In addition, the SPM shall carry out duties as assigned by the Executive Team to achieve the successful completion of the program.
- The SPM shall lead cross functional healthcare projects/programs and initiatives with demanding resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity.
- Negotiate program scope changes, staffing assignments, and fees on behalf of STV.
- Develop program organizational structures and implementation strategies.
- Define program resource requirements.
- Manage the client relationship.
- Monitor design and construction activities to ensure that all phases of work are done in accordance with contractual agreements and corporate quality standards.
- Define and assign project responsibilities to the Project/Program Team.
- Develop policies and procedures to foster the growth of a high performing team.
- Evaluate program financials, cash flow analyses, and cost estimates, as well as purchase orders, change orders, and invoices and implement actions to facilitate program compliance and the successful delivery of the program.
- Work with team to forecast, identify and addresses areas of potential liabilities and risks.
- Work with team to develop, monitor, and maintain project schedules. Ensures that project objectives are met.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to maintains client, consultant, contractor, and vendor relationships. Works with team to manage conflict resolution.
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential concerns and persuades others, which may include executive leadership, to adopt positions to facilitate the successful conclusion of the project.
- Develop standards, protocols, policies and procedures to facilitate project success.
- Build a collaborative work environment.
- Provides guidance, direction, and instruction to less experienced team members and colleagues.
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management OR related fields OR AS or BS degree in conjunction with commensurate years of industry experience
- Minimum of 15 years of clinical renovations and owner representative/project management experience, specifically in Hospital, Healthcare Systems, Pharmaceutical, and or Laboratory related projects.
- Demonstrated history in managing a minimum of $100 million in healthcare or related construction types.
- Demonstrated experience in managing high-rise construction projects.
- Demonstrated experience in managing program/project teams on large complex healthcare projects.
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge, and a track record in project management techniques, concepts, principles, and standards. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate at all levels internally and externally to establish credibility on project teams.
- Knowledge and ability to creatively resolve issues as they arise.
- Knowledge and ability to supervise people including recruitment, training, performance management, and people development.
- High proficiency with general Microsoft applications, including MS Project and Share Point.
- Demonstrated experience with project management software and applications.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At STV, we are fully committed to expanding our culture of diversity and inclusion, one that will reflect the clients we serve and the communities we work in, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
STV offers the following benefits • Health insurance, including an option with a Health Savings Account • Dental insurance • Vision insurance • Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare, Dependent Care and Transit and Parking where applicable) • Disability insurance • Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment • 401(k) Plan • Retirement Counseling • Employee Assistance Program • Paid Time Off (16 days) • Paid Holidays (8 days) • Back-Up Dependent Care (up to 10 days per year) • Parental Leave (up to 80 hours) • Continuing Education Program • Professional Licensure and Society Memberships
STV aims to pay fairly and equitable commensurate with experience and capabilities across all of our positions. These pay ranges represent a good faith effort to provide a fair and reasonable expected salary, however, please note that the salary offered for any position may be outside of this range based on selected candidate’s location, experience and capabilities.
STV is committed to paying all its employees in a fair, equitable, and transparent manner. The following pay ranges are STV’s good-faith salary estimates for every presently available position. Please note that the final salary offered for any position may be outside of this published range based on many factors, including but not limited to geography, education, experience, and/or certifications.
This list represents all of the currently listed positions as of November 1, 2022.
Position Title, Good Faith Salary Minimum, Good Faith Salary Maximum
Accounting Manager I $ 93,821.00 $ 122,009.00
Accounting Support III $ 39,300.00 $ 50,418.00
Administrative Assistant I $ 33,268.00 $ 41,834.00
Architect III $ 84,445.00 $ 115,712.00
Architect IV $ 108,454.00 $ 153,380.00
Assistant Project Manager, Architectural III $ 80,015.00 $ 104,730.00
Assistant Project Manager III $ 80,015.00 $ 104,730.00
Assistant Project Manager CM III $ 80,015.00 $ 104,730.00
Assistant Project Manager, Mechanical I $ 94,453.00 $ 120,981.00
Assistant Project Manager I $ 94,453.00 $ 120,981.00
Assistant Superintendent I $ 64,184.00 $ 83,640.00
Billing Operations Analyst I $ 43,828.00 $ 53,498.00
Business Development Director IV $ 161,994.00 $ 203,998.00
Business Development Manager III $ 116,746.50 $ 166,746.50
CAD Technician II $ 49,716.00 $ 64,480.00
CAD Technician III $ 55,411.00 $ 70,423.00
Compensation Manager I $ 103,731.00 $ 137,763.00
Construction Manager II $ 126,567.00 $ 176,567.00
Construction Manager III $ 127,885.00 $ 166,145.00
Construction Project Engineering I $ 56,796.00 $ 77,650.00
Project Officer II $ 72,182.00 $ 99,135.00
Construction Project Engineering II $ 72,182.00 $ 99,135.00
Corporate Communications Assistant Director I $ 114,448.50 $ 164,448.50
Designer I $ 56,061.00 $ 71,720.00
Designer II $ 63,369.00 $ 77,534.00
Designer III $ 81,038.00 $ 110,592.00
Digital Product Manager III $ 93,575.00 $ 126,304.00
Document Control Specialist III $ 49,504.00 $ 64,685.00
Engineer III $ 87,616.00 $ 108,776.00
Engineer IV $ 103,711.00 $ 132,259.00
Engineering Director II $ 122,775.00 $ 172,775.00
Engineering Director III $ 128,091.50 $ 178,091.50
Engineering Specialist I $ 58,662.00 $ 67,635.00
Engineering Specialist II $ 64,015.00 $ 76,267.00
Engineering Specialist III $ 75,442.00 $ 97,618.00
Estimator I $ 60,643.00 $ 80,915.00
Graphic Designer II $ 54,012.00 $ 68,603.00
Information Systems Director V $ 124,044.00 $ 161,791.00
Information Systems Manager II $ 106,699.00 $ 144,135.00
Information Systems Manager IV $ 101,684.00 $ 141,658.00
Information Technology Support Specialist III $ 47,144.00 $ 59,859.00
Inspector II $ 56,007.00 $ 72,170.00
Inspector II $ 56,007.00 $ 72,170.00
Inspector III $ 73,947.00 $ 101,976.00
Inspector IV $ 75,010.00 $ 114,486.00
Marketing Editor II $ 51,609.00 $ 69,443.00
Office Engineer III $ 73,164.00 $ 89,713.00
Planning Director IV $ 128,687.50 $ 178,687.50
Planning Director V $ 147,868.50 $ 197,868.50
Project Accountant I $ 60,729.00 $ 81,128.00
Project Controls Manager I $ 123,333.00 $ 167,415.00
Project Controls Specialist I $ 88,008.00 $ 115,626.00
Project Coordinator I $ 78,289.00 $ 103,089.00
Project Director I $ 136,080.00 $ 186,080.00
Project Executive CM III $ 165,163.00 $ 199,917.00
Project Manager II $ 111,979.00 $ 154,398.00
Project manager CM III $ 121,189.00 $ 166,063.00
Project Manager III $ 121,189.00 $ 166,063.00
Proposal Assistant I $ 51,358.00 $ 67,565.00
Proposal Coordinator II $ 58,760.00 $ 76,775.00
Proposal Manager I $ 83,781.00 $ 111,072.00
Purchasing Coordinator II $ 37,888.00 $ 48,971.00
Scheduler III $ 94,074.00 $ 129,838.00
Senior Architect V $ 117,756.00 $ 157,371.00
BIM Manager II $ 89,886.00 $ 120,142.00
Senior Construction Manager IV $ 137,291.50 $ 187,291.50
Senior Data Analyst III $ 80,391.00 $ 106,677.00
Sr. Engineer V $ 122,079.00 $ 154,764.00
Senior Engineer V $ 122,079.00 $ 154,764.00
Senior Electrical Engineer VI $ 136,818.00 $ 184,363.00
Engineer VI $ 136,818.00 $ 184,363.00
Senior Engineer VI $ 136,818.00 $ 184,363.00
Senior Engineering Operations Manager I $ 137,092.00 $ 171,681.00
Sr. Inspector V $ 84,561.00 $ 123,549.00
Senior Inspector V $ 84,561.00 $ 123,549.00
Senior Planner V $ 106,751.00 $ 140,515.00
Senior Program Manager I $ 124,442.00 $ 167,107.00
Senior Program Manager III $ 124,442.00 $ 167,107.00
Senior Project Manager IV $ 134,687.00 $ 184,687.00
Project Manager IV $ 149,481.00 $ 169,893.00
Senior Project Manager V $ 140,709.00 $ 187,325.00
Senior Proposal Manager III $ 107,842.00 $ 147,961.00
Sr. Safety Manager IV $ 91,666.00 $ 124,296.00
Superintendent III $ 98,120.00 $ 130,200.00
Talent Acquisition Manager V $ 81,636.00 $ 107,577.00