Structural Engineer (Bridge Design)
STV is a leading, award-winning professional firm offering engineering, architectural, planning, environmental and construction management services. We consistently rank among the country's top 25 firms in education, corrections, highways, bridges, rail and mass transit. Throughout the United States and in Canada, STV’s professional, technical and support personnel offer services to a broad and ever-expanding client base. We provide planning, environmental, design, program and construction management, and specialty services for the transportation, design-build, institutional and commercial building, advanced technology, industrial and defense markets.
We are seeking a Structural Engineer (Bridge Design) with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience for our Oakland, CA office to work as a Project Engineer, primarily for bridge design and bridge inspection projects.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Design & analysis of new and existing bridges, retaining walls, culverts, sign structures, and other structures related to transportation.
- Bridge rehabilitation design.
- Bridge load ratings.
- Construction document production, including drawings and specifications.
- Performing bridge condition inspections, inspections of highway or related structures, including leading bridge inspection teams.
- Preparing bridge inspection reports and other structural investigation reports.
- Review of shop drawings, providing response to contractor's request for information.
- Providing quality check of engineer's computations, designs, or inspection reports.
- Assist in proposal development.
The qualified candidate must possess:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (Master's Degree preferred).
- PE License.
- Strong skills in structural analysis and design of steel, concrete, pre-stressed concrete, and timber structures, related to transportation.
- Experience in use of Microstation and/or AutoCAD.
- Proficiency using structural analysis and design software, such as LARS, MDX, LeapBridge, STAAD, or other compatible software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Current driver's license and safe driving record.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights.
- Ability to perform field work during any time of the year.
- Ability to work independently.
Additional positive attributes include:
- Certified Bridge Safety Inspection (CBSI) Certification.
- Experience with bridge management database systems, such as InspectTech, VIRTIS, or ASIR.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Access, Mathcad.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.