Project Engineer- LAX - 2408
- Provides technical support to the Project Managers and Construction Managers
- Coordinates with Program Management Office (PMO) staff, contractors, architects, engineers, inspectors and consultants
- Participates in, and occasionally runs, design or construction meetings
- Makes field checks on construction, demolition, rehabilitation, alteration addition or repair projects to determine compliance with job specifications, plans, established standards and state requirements
- Reads and interprets construction plans and shop drawings
- Assists in preparing written materials including correspondence, reports, procedures, and guidelines
- Supports development of weekly/monthly status and photos reports for project team
- Reviews, estimates, negotiates, and processes construction change orders and construction field orders
- Reviews and enforces construction and professional services contracts
- Manages and directs contractors and outside consultants including reviewing and approving invoices
- Assesses project risks and develops risk registers including mitigation strategies
- Facilitates resolutions of construction and design issues
- Coordinates with Architects for timely and accurate responses to requests for information, submittals, Construction Change Documents, etc.
- Generates and distributes meeting minutes (construction meetings, design meetings, etc.)
- Confirms contractor’s maintenance of record drawings prior to monthly progress payments to the Contractor
- Maintain project files in both electronic and paper format
- Reviews submittals for conformance to plans and specifications
- Other job-related duties or projects as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 5 years minimum recent professional experience in a similar or equivalent position involved in project construction
- BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related degree. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative and make sound decisions.
- Experience on aviation programs/projects.
- Experience on large public works programs.
- Experience with Procore or similar PMIS systems
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM), or similar credentials
As a matter of policy and to protect STV’s colleagues, clients and business partners, STV requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of such vaccination to STV as of the start date of their employment.
STV considers all applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age; arrest or conviction record; caregiver status; citizenship status; race; color; credit history; creed, disability; sex; gender; gender identity or expression; hairstyle; immigration status; marital status; military, uniformed service, or veteran status; ancestry or national origin; creed; citizenship status; partnership status; disability; pre-employment marijuana testing; pregnancy; race; religion; salary history; sexual and reproductive health decisions; sexual orientation; status as victim of domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking; unemployment status; or any additional category or characteristic that is protected as defined by applicable federal law, the New York State Human Rights Law, and New York City Human Rights Law, as amended from time to time.