Sr. MEP Estimator - 3119
- Senior level estimator who specializes in Mechanical/Plumbing and Electrical trades to report to
PMO Program Controls Manager and Chief Estimator.
- Plan and participate in the preparation of construction cost estimates of buildings or other structures from drawings, outlines, and specifications.
- Prepare estimates per design based on scope and building type.
- Evaluate cost estimating deliverables prepared by consultants for cost containment, accuracy, uniformity and completeness.
- Prepare fair cost estimates for cost proposals from Contractors for extra work.
- Perform special studies and prepare reports when contractors’ bids vary from the construction cost estimate.
- Conduct construction/project site visits gathering relevant information and determine what information to be used to produce project estimates.
- Evaluate pricing documents, historical and vendor cost data for the development of cost estimates and price recommendations.
- Evaluate quotes, bids, change orders, value engineering reports, and claims for accuracy and completeness of estimates.
- Compile and analyze data on all factors that influence costs such as material, labor, equipment and profit.
- Prepare technical evaluations, cost estimating draft report, memos and letters and present recommendation to management.
- Perform other related estimating duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 10 years minimum recent professional experience in the preparation of complete cost estimates for type I, II, or III, and V building construction as defined by the State building code including two years in a supervisory capacity.
- Expert in theories, principles, and practices of cost estimating and contract pricing.
- Expert in JOC (Job Order Contracting) form of contracting
- Full knowledge of construction methods for buildings and structures.
- Full knowledge of current local construction labor and material costs.
- Extensive experience in developing and estimating the scope of work for change orders.
- Ability to compare cost estimates with contractors’ proposal to quickly identify discrepancies.
- Ability to develop scope of work based on RFI/RFC answers and estimates the detailed costs of those scopes of work independent of the contractor proposal.
- BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Business or related degree. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
As a matter of policy and to protect STV’s colleagues, clients and business partners, STV requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of such vaccination to STV as of the start date of their employment.
STV considers all applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age; arrest or conviction record; caregiver status; citizenship status; race; color; credit history; creed, disability; sex; gender; gender identity or expression; hairstyle; immigration status; marital status; military, uniformed service, or veteran status; ancestry or national origin; creed; citizenship status; partnership status; disability; pre-employment marijuana testing; pregnancy; race; religion; salary history; sexual and reproductive health decisions; sexual orientation; status as victim of domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking; unemployment status; or any additional category or characteristic that is protected as defined by applicable federal law, the New York State Human Rights Law, and New York City Human Rights Law, as amended from time to time.