Transportation Construction Inspector - 2132
STV is seeking a Transportation Construction Inspector for our Transportation & Infrastructure group in the Baltimore, MD area.
Oversees or performs plan review, field inspections, and field investigations during construction and maintenance of roadways, structures, and traffic control devices for conformance to plans and specifications. Provides information to and works with architects, engineers, contractors and developers to ensure adherence to standards and codes. Schedules and directs the work of construction inspectors assigned to construction and maintenance projects. Develops and oversees material testing programs in permanent and portable labs and at material supplier facilities. Complies quantities and reviews construction reports and other data. Oversees the day-to-day operations of the contractor for compliance to the specifications. Interacts with the general public on issues concerning the construction project. Monitors and reports on the contractor’s performance using CPM schedule. Working knowledge of MCMS.
- Graduation from a standard high school or possession of a high school equivalence certificate
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in technical engineering/heavy highway construction related work in the areas of design, traffic, construction, materials testing, engineering surveys, maintenance, or planning
- Access Management Permit Inspection experience
- Previous experience performing construction inspection mainly around small quantities of HMA, curb and sidewalk, minor drainage and landscape
- Possess knowledge of Material Clearance
- Works on complex issues and exercises sound judgement in direction to contractor for resolution to construction issues.
- Monitors CPM schedules, material clearance, progress payments, MWBE monitoring and reporting, sketch book and approval of time and expense of lower tier inspectors.
- Applicants who possess an Associate’s Degree in either Engineering, Construction Management or Surveying or Surveying Technology from an accredited community college, college or university are considered to have met two years of the five-year experience requirement.
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
- Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT) TET 3 or 4 certification
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Mid-Atlantic Region Technician Certification Program (MARTCP)
- Soils and Aggregate Compaction
- Hot Mix Asphalt
- ACI Concrete Field Technician Level 1 Certification
- Traffic Control Manager Certification
- Maryland State Highway Green and Yellow Erosion and Sediment Control Certification
- Compliance with OSHA/MOSH regulations
- If your certifications are expired, you will still be considered for the position
STV, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to equal opportunity for all. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sex stereotyping, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or immigration status, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital or partnership status, status, reproductive health decisions, military or veteran status, performance of duty in a uniformed service, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, political party affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence or as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status, salary history, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation status, expunged juvenile record, place of residence or business, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.