Electrical/Mechanical Systems Project Manager - 2294
Build Your Career at STV
At STV, we not only tackle world-class projects, we also develop employee skills, recognize achievement, and offer opportunities for advancement. So, if you’re looking for a rewarding position working for an industry leader, then STV is the place for you.
Grow at STV
Life is an ongoing learning experience, and we want you to continue to grow here at STV. We offer several programs and benefits, from professional development seminars, tuition reimbursement program, a career development program, online education initiatives, and much more to help you expand your knowledge and develop your skills, so you can take your career to the next level with STV.
Take Care of Your Personal & Financial Health
With a wide range of competitive benefit programs, STV is committed to helping employees be personally and financially balanced and productive.
STV currently has an opening for an Electrical/Mechanical Systems Project Manager with a minimum of 12 years of experience to work on transit, freight and commuter rail projects in our Chicago, IL office as part of our Transportation & Infrastructure division.
- Development of procurement documents
- Detailed designs
- Cost estimates
- Design reviews
- Construction support and other responsibilities as needed by the position.
- Interact with both clients and engineering staff
- Expertise in power and or mechanical systems
The successful candidate shall have experience in the following areas:
- Detailed design of mechanical/ electrical systems, both plans and specifications
- Cable plan design and field equipment layout.
- Design support during construction phase of a project.
- Review supplier and/or contractor submittals and product data and support installations, testing and cutovers.
- Prepare engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, estimates, and designs.
- Technical bid analyses.
- Bachelor of Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Minimum of 12 years of experience
- Good planning, organizational and communication skills
- Team oriented with strong capability to work independently.
- Capital Program experience
- Traction power substation design
- Medium or low voltage power distribution design
- Standby generator design
- HVAC design experience (mechanical)
- PE would be a plus
STV is a federal contractor subject to Executive Order 14042 in various offices and otherwise subject to the vaccination/testing requirements issued by various STV clients. As such, incoming employees will be required to comply with the applicable COVID-19 orders/regulations.
STV considers all applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age; arrest or conviction record; caregiver status; citizenship status; race; color; credit history; creed, disability; sex; gender; gender identity or expression; hairstyle; immigration status; marital status; military, uniformed service, or veteran status; ancestry or national origin; creed; citizenship status; partnership status; disability; pre-employment marijuana testing; pregnancy; race; religion; salary history; sexual and reproductive health decisions; sexual orientation; status as victim of domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking; unemployment status; or any additional category or characteristic that is protected as defined by applicable federal law, the New York State Human Rights Law, and New York City Human Rights Law, as amended from time to time.