Civil Highway Engineering Specialist - 1929
Build Your Career at STV
At STV, we not only tackle world-class projects, we also develop employee skills, recognize achievements and offer opportunities for advancement. So, if you’re looking for a rewarding position working for an industry leader, then STV is the place for you. As a 100% employee-owned firm, we all have a stake in the business.
Grow at STV
Life is an ongoing learning experience, and we want you to continue to grow here at STV. We offer a number of programs and benefits, from professional development seminars, tuition reimbursement program, a career development program, online education initiatives, and much more to help you expand your knowledge and develop your skills, so you can take your career to the next level with STV.
Take Care of Your Personal & Financial Health
With a wide range of competitive benefit programs, we are committed to helping employees be personally and financially healthy and productive.
STV is seeking a Civil Engineering Specialist with a minimum of 2 years experience for our Chicago, IL office to work on various highway design and construction projects. If you love being able to perform a mixture of office and field work then keep reading.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Involvement with the planning and design of new and existing roadways, bridges, drainage and stormwater management, and utilities
- Developing roadway geometry
- Performing stormwater management calculations
- Assisting with water and sewer utility design
- Preparation of design plans and planning exhibits
- Calculating quantities and preparing cost estimates
- Technical writing for specifications and engineering reports
- Possible involvement with our Construction Management team for construction inspection duties
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of experience. Work experience after graduation should be with a public agency or private engineering consulting firm.
- Knowledge of or experience with Microstation and/or AutoCAD.
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
- Engineering Intern certification in Illinois or another state or ability to obtain within 6 months from date of employment.
- Knowledge of three-dimensional modeling using GEOPAK, InRoads, and/or Civil 3D.
- OSHA Construction Safety and Health certification.
- Previous work experience (including internships or co-op) in civil or highway design.
STV, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to equal opportunity for all. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sex stereotyping, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or immigration status, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital or partnership status, status, reproductive health decisions, military or veteran status, performance of duty in a uniformed service, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, political party affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence or as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status, salary history, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation status, expunged juvenile record, place of residence or business, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.