Civil Engineer - 1682
Build Your Career at STV
At STV, we not only tackle world-class projects, we also develop employee skills, recognize achievement and offer opportunities for advancement. So, if you’re looking for a rewarding position working for an industry leader, then STV is the place for you.
Grow at STV
Life is an ongoing learning experience, and we want you to continue to grow here at STV. We offer several programs and benefits, from professional development seminars, tuition reimbursement program, a career development program, online education initiatives, and much more to help you expand your knowledge and develop your skills, so you can take your career to the next level with STV.
Take Care of Your Personal & Financial Health
With a wide range of competitive benefit programs, STV is committed to helping employees be personally and financially balanced and productive.
We currently have an opening in our Irvine, CA office for a Civil Engineer with a structural design background with a minimum of 5 years of experience to work with our Transportation & Infrastructure division. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of public projects with a focus on highway and light rail transportation design.
- Design for Phase I and Phase II engineering
- Preparing reports, drawings, specifications, calculations and monitoring work for compliance to project requirements, applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and agency guidelines.
- Bridge design, structure design, Retaining walls, miscellaneous structure design for seismic and ordinary loads.
- Working as a project engineer or discipline lead for oversight.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, with an emphasis in bridge and structural engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of engineering experience.
- PE license is required; a current California PE license is preferred
- Proficiency in Microstation/AutoCad and Geopak
- Good time management skills, a strong work ethic and a willing desire to learn.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Experience with Seismic design software, MIDAS , SAP2018, LPile
- Experience with DOT, counties and municipalities in California.
- Familiar with bridge, building, and seismic codes and guidelines including, Caltrans SDC, ASCE7, CBC, AASHTO, AISC, ACI, etc.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.