Superintendent - 2665
A $7,000 signing bonus will be provided to any selected applicant for this position.
STV is a nationally recognized leader for delivering value and excellence in construction management, engineering, architecture, planning and environmental services, is seeking a Superintendent for their New York, NY location to work a 2nd shift.
- Coordinate, schedule and manage all subcontractors and vendors, expedite vendors and subcontractors on a daily and weekly basis and identify and resolve construction problems as they develop.
- Maintain accurate time-keeping and cost records.
- Supervise self-perform work and develop special construction methods for job efficiency.
- Manage material receiving – ensure that material received is properly inspected for quantity and quality, and that the receiving tickets are properly signed, coded and filed accordingly.
- Help comply with all jobsite reporting requirements, including daily reports, field purchase orders, weekly unit reports, weekly updates to the “two week look-aheads” and monthly updates to the construction schedule.
- Familiarize yourself with shop drawing and submittals and help project managers comply with the submittal schedule, contract documents and company reporting requirements.
- Attend required jobsite meetings.
- Maintain safety standards – safety planning is to be included in all pre-job planning and considered foremost in the daily operations.
- Maintain quality consistent with the company standards. Any repetitive quality problems with a subcontractor or vendor should be called to management’s attention. The company has a policy and past record of providing high quality work and this standard is to be maintained on each project.
- Close out the project in compliance with the contract documents.
- Satisfy the customer, subcontractors, vendors and the company. Be sensitive to special requirements of the customer, subs, vendors or neighbors to ensure satisfactory relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education, Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or a related field is preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 8 Years of related experience in the construction field.
- Prior NYC public agency, SCA and or NYCA experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience with NYC public building projects.
- Experience with NYC building department filing, rules and requirements.
As a matter of policy and to protect STV’s colleagues, clients and business partners, STV requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of such vaccination to STV as of the start date of their employment.
STV considers all applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age; arrest or conviction record; caregiver status; citizenship status; race; color; credit history; creed, disability; sex; gender; gender identity or expression; hairstyle; immigration status; marital status; military, uniformed service, or veteran status; ancestry or national origin; creed; citizenship status; partnership status; disability; pre-employment marijuana testing; pregnancy; race; religion; salary history; sexual and reproductive health decisions; sexual orientation; status as victim of domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking; unemployment status; or any additional category or characteristic that is protected as defined by applicable federal law, the New York State Human Rights Law, and New York City Human Rights Law, as amended from time to time.