Resident/Assistant Resident Engineer - 1278
STV’s Transportation and Infrastructure Group in Philadelphia, PA and Lawrenceville and Newark, NJ is seeking experienced Resident and Assistant Resident Engineers for multiple long term $50M - $1B bridge, highway and rail reconstruction projects. These individuals should be well versed in bridge, highway, rail and deep foundation construction, be capable of managing a 5+ CM/CI staff, possess excellent communication, computer, and writing skills and be experienced with CPM Scheduling. Responsibilities include: providing quality control, staff supervision, and contract administration; managing sub-consultants; maintaining a high level of safety awareness; and managing project costs, change orders and scheduling. They will act as the main point of contact during construction, and implement the Project Work Plan, Health & Safety Plan, Quality Control Plan and other documents.
Minimum Required Skills & Relevant Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Structural Engineering or Construction Management
- Minimum of 8 years as Resident Engineer/CM experience on projects $25M or greater
- Experience on long span bridges, deep foundation, highway reconstruction and rail projects
- Licensed professional engineer in Pennsylvania or New Jersey, or ability to obtain within 4 months
- NICET 4 with a minimum 12 years of experience on projects $40M or greater
- Possess combination of DRPA, NJ Transit, NJ Turnpike, NJDOT and PANYNJ experience
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Construction management software experience (CapEx, Site Manager, eBuilder, BIM 360, etc.)
- Railroad track, systems and catenary experience a plus.
- Have combination of NJSAT, ACI, Rutgers TCC and rail safety certifications
- OSHA 30 required or ability to obtain in 3 months
- Must be able to pass drug test to work on rail projects
Preferred Skills & Relevant Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Civil, Structural Engineering or Construction Management
- Minimum of 12 years of Resident Engineer/CM experience on projects $50M or greater
- Railroad track, systems and catenary experience
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.