Roadway Engineering Specialist - 1609
STV is an award-winning national leader consistently ranking among the country's top companies in the design and planning of infrastructure and transportation systems. More than 100 years old, the firm provides comprehensive architectural, engineering, planning, environmental, and construction management services for public and private sector clients.
We have a thriving Transportation & Infrastructure practice with a close-knit, team-oriented group that is growing. Due to our success, we need to continue to add resources to assist with the delivery of our current extensive backlog of work. This backlog includes tasks associated with various infrastructure improvement projects for FDOT as well as municipal and private sector clients.
This role offers unlimited opportunities to understand the entire project, work with a diverse staff, interact directly with clients, while promoting the culture of a healthy work-life balance. This role offers the opportunity to function as a key resource in support of our other offices and have a direct impact on the improvement of infrastructure nationally.
The ideal candidate is an individual who desires to work on a team, displays confidence, and desires to understand the entirety of roadway design.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the development of design criteria
- Development of roadway alignments & profiles
- Cross-section and earthwork development
- Development of construction staging plans and signing & pavement marking plans
- Performing quantity calculations and plan production
- Candidate will also be involved in project site visits, technical writing, and project meetings
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering is required
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Engineer in Training (EIT) in Florida is preferred
- Microstation and Geopak experience preferred
- Previous experience (to include internships) in civil and highway design is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.