Document Control Specialist - 1556
STV is hiring a Document Control Specialist to work for the Construction Management division in New York, NY. The individual we seek should be skilled in the use of technology to complete their day to day tasks. They should be able to communicate well with a large team in order to coordinate and complete multiple responsibilities on a deadline.
Essential Job Duties:
- The control, scanning, indexing, linking, electronic filing and distribution of documents in Procore or other Project Management Tool. This includes internal and external to project participants distribution of correspondence, technical submittals, project reports, Requests for Information, and contract plans and specifications.
- Prepare transmittals, distribute documents, and retrieve documents.
- Assist the Project Managers and the Project Team in all matters relative to project documents and the control and distribution of documents.
- Process project documents and maintain document control files in accordance with project document control procedures. Document Control Support encompasses both electronic and hard copy distribution and filing. Responsibilities include establish and maintain files; receive, index and scan documents. Types of project documents include correspondence, field memos, submittals, pay requests, drawing log, safety notices, RFIs, and photos.
- Microsoft Office Suite of software is required. Expertise in Excel required. Experience with Bluebeam/Adobe Acrobat is required.
- Experience with large-scale Document Control Software is preferred, Procore is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with routine Document Control hardware and software, such as scanners.
Professional Experience Level/Other Qualifications:
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience with document processing and data management
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized
- Previous experience in a construction environment is highly desirable, with an understanding of the construction process and coordination of various entities in the industry.
- Previous experience managing a Document Control effort for a large-scale construction project required.
- Must have a self-starter attitude with proactive, results-oriented focus; and willing and capable to assume additional responsibilities.
- Proven accuracy, reliability, and completeness in job accomplishment. Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility, and growth in previous positions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to interface with a variety of people with different technical levels and educational backgrounds; must be detail-oriented and highly organized; and must be able to produce accurate and timely results while maintaining a positive customer-service attitude.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.