Structural Bridge Engineering Specialist - 3019
TV Incorporated is seeking a Structural Engineer candidate to join our Bridge practice in Virginia and Washington DC. More than 100 years old, the firm provides comprehensive architectural, engineering, planning, environmental, and construction management services for public and private sector clients. STV is an award-winning national leader consistently ranking among the country's top companies in the design and planning of transportation and infrastructure projects, Our success is the direct result of our employees' commitment to innovation and quality across all 40 offices and over 2500 people nationwide.
The STV Virginia Operation has been providing bridge engineering services throughout Virginia and Washington DC for decades. As one of the premier consultants in the transportation industry, our Virginia/DC offices provide bridge design and inspection services to DDOT, VDOT, rail and transit agencies and municipalities throughout the Commonwealth, as well as for contractors on design build projects. This is a great opportunity to join a growing, highly motivated and successful team that has played a significant role in numerous major transportation projects throughout the region and the United States.
We have an immediate need for a structural engineering specialist to join our Bridge Practice, ideally located in either our Richmond office. This position will involve analysis, design and inspection of highway, rail and pedestrian bridges and associated structures. We are looking for a motivated individual who wants to be part of a successful, growing practice within a firm that values integrity, determination and drive and rewards individuals accordingly. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to interact with clients on a regular basis and contribute to business development efforts. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative, self-motivated and detail-oriented professional looking to take their career to the next level.
This position offers the opportunity for professional development at an Engineering News-Record (ENR) Top 50 rated firm that is poised for significant growth!
- Work as an integral part of the Bridge Practice in our Virginia and Washington DC offices
- Provide analysis, design and inspection of bridges and related structures
- Support structural design on selected projects and lead assigned tasks as appropriate
- Support preparation of technical and cost proposals to win work
- Assist Senior staff in oversight of project delivery to ensure projects meet or exceed forecasted profit margins
- Provide leadership and direction by mentoring and motivating junior staff
- Work with managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to develop budgets, schedules, and project delivery plans
- Proactively drive safety and ensure that health and safety practices are maintained
- Assist in maintaining quality of project deliverables produced by the Bridge Group
- Foster and manage client relationships at appropriate levels to help procure new business. Some evenings will be spent at professional society meetings where you will work to develop and maintain relationships with clients, teaming partners, and potential technical staff hires
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering; Master’s degree preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive design experience on structural engineering projects
- Solid structural analysis and design skills with an understanding of related engineering disciplines needed to complete transportation and infrastructure projects
- Project management skills and ability to plan and coordinate work efforts needed to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to form effective relationships
As a matter of policy and to protect STV’s colleagues, clients and business partners, STV requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of such vaccination to STV as of the start date of their employment.
STV considers all applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age; arrest or conviction record; caregiver status; citizenship status; race; color; credit history; creed, disability; sex; gender; gender identity or expression; hairstyle; immigration status; marital status; military, uniformed service, or veteran status; ancestry or national origin; creed; citizenship status; partnership status; disability; pre-employment marijuana testing; pregnancy; race; religion; salary history; sexual and reproductive health decisions; sexual orientation; status as victim of domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking; unemployment status; or any additional category or characteristic that is protected as defined by applicable federal law, the New York State Human Rights Law, and New York City Human Rights Law, as amended from time to time.