Healthcare Project Manager - 1745
STV is a multidiscipline engineering/architectural consulting and construction management company. STV’s Construction Management Division is a nationwide practice that provides a distinctive range of expertise to clients in both the public and private sectors. Our varied services encompass program, project and construction management, as well as project controls, purchasing and contracting, and fiscal stewardship. Our portfolio within the Construction Management Division includes public works, healthcare, research, commercial, industrial, educational, judicial, institutional, transportation and aviation market sectors.
We are seeking Healthcare Project Managers, for an exciting role with our Capital Construction Program Management Group within the Construction Management Division. As a Senior Project Manager you will be an integral part of leading Infrastructure building professionals in the Berks County PA area designing and constructing state of the art Healthcare, Pharmaceutical and Laboratory facilities. Be a part of the most dynamic and fast paced market sectors in the construction industry. A Senior Project Manager provides management of capital projects from conception, budgeting, planning, design, bidding, construction, commissioning, and close out services.
Responding to institutional imperatives, the PM shall effectively identify innovative solutions and bring clarity to the project process using a sophisticated analytical approach and sound judgement. Using project management tools and techniques, core focus areas include defining and meeting project goals, budget, schedule, scope, quality, risk mitigation and responding to field conditions and construction logistics and challenges.
The PM shall work close with and develop strong collaborative approaches with Space Planning, Operations, IT/AV, Security and User teams to promote and enable clear and effective communication and team centric leadership, integrating internal teams with consultant design teams throughout the design and construction process.
The PM will lead multiple high-complexity projects of diverse scope requiring an understanding of current business trends, construction techniques, innovative project delivery methods, thorough knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, core and shell construction as well as rigor in compliance, and the highest standard of care. Science projects include research laboratories, vivarium, pilot scale manufacturing, major scientific equipment, and infrastructure projects.
Responsibilities include leadership in all aspects of project management, goal setting, productivity, departmental initiatives, mentorship, and achievement-oriented focus that fosters a productive team environment while driving projects to successful completion is essential.
- Performs project management for major construction, renovation and facilities related projects using mastery of domain knowledge and extensive business experience; Leads the cross functional projects and initiatives with the highest resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Monitors design and construction activities to ensure that all phases of work are done in accordance with corporate standards and contractual agreements that is compliant to schedule and budget requirements.
- Establishes and maintains highly complex project budgets, cash flow analyses, and cost estimates, as well as reviews purchase orders, change orders, and invoices with significant impact on the success of company operations
- Identifies and addresses areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risks.
- Develops, monitors, and maintains project schedules. Ensures that project objectives with regard to time are met.
- Maintains client, consultant, contractor, and vendor relationships. Manages conflict resolution.
- Communicates highly complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at executive leadership levels, to adopt a different point of view
- Evaluates, develops and selects standards, tools, and knowledge requirements for Facilities Project Management skills and career development. Provides guidance, direction, and instruction in Facilities Project Management to less experienced team members and colleagues
- Bachelor’s Degree required, in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
- Minimum of 10 years of site/civil, clinical renovations and project management experience, specifically in Pharmaceutical, Laboratory and/or Healthcare related projects
- Minimum of $50 million in construction completed
- Major Research Project, Green Field Design and Construction experience preferred
- Experience, knowledge, and a track record in project management techniques, concepts, principles, and standards. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels both within and outside the company in order to establish credibility with professionals on the project teams.
- Proficient in advanced techniques with relevant software. Knowledge and ability to creatively resolve issues as they arise.
- Knowledge and ability to supervise people, including recruitment, training, performance management, and people development.
- High proficiency with general Microsoft applications, including MS Project and Share Point. Experience with project management applications.
- Architectural or Engineering background with zoning, planning, design, construction administration, compliance, and infrastructure system understanding preferred.
- Anticipates business and industry issues; recommends product, process or service improvements
- Technical: Identifies and resolves unique situations of substantial significance, requiring conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions to complex problems with broad impact on the business; proficient in advanced techniques with relevant software; experience, knowledge, and a track record in project management techniques, concepts, principles, and standards.
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view; requires superior written and verbal communications skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels both within and outside the company in order to establish credibility with professionals on the project teams; knowledge and ability to creatively resolve issues as they arise; able to get things done through others both within and outside the company; results oriented and highly motivated.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.