Project Accountant - 3121
STV currently have openings for a Project Accountant. The Project Accountant oversees all aspects of the day-to-day finance and accounting functions on our current projects for which they are responsible. The positions are located in our Newark NJ and Baltimore MD office, can be remote.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform all aspects of Project Accounting from project setup and maintenance; review and adjustment of time and expense charges; revenue recognition; billing; WIP analysis and reconciliation; collections/AR reconciliation; AP and project closeout.
- Ensures projects are set up and maintained in accordance with contractual terms and conditions
- Prepares Client invoices in accordance with company billing policy guidelines
- Reviews and processes project related vendor and sub-consultant invoices
- Reviews and monitors project cost/performance on a weekly basis
- Reconciles WIP on a monthly basis to ensure that revenues and billings are in alignment
- Reviews Accounts Receivable to ensure timely payment of invoices
- Preparation of ad hoc analysis and reports
- Reviews projects regularly for closeout
- Works closely with Project managers and support team to meet the overall financial objectives of the company and division
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in finance or project accounting
- Preferred working knowledge of BST system
- Proactive in solving problems
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in the Architectural/Engineering/Construction (A/E/C) industry preferred
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At STV, we are fully committed to expanding our culture of diversity and inclusion, one that will reflect the clients we serve and the communities we work in, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.