Transportation Construction Inspector - 1527
STV is seeking a Transportation Construction Inspector for work for our Transportation & Infrastructure group in our Baltimore, MD area.
Oversee or performs plan review, field inspections, and field investigations during construction and maintenance of roadways, structures, and traffic control devices for conformance to plans and specifications. Provides information to and works with architects, engineers, contractors and developers to ensure adherence to standards and codes. Schedules and directs the work of construction inspectors assigned to construction and maintenance projects. Develops and oversees material testing programs in permanent and portable labs and at material supplier facilities. Complies quantities and reviews construction reports and other data. Oversees the day-to-day operations of the contractor for compliance to the specifications. Interacts with the general public on issues concerning the construction project. Monitors and reports on the contractor’s performance using CPM schedule. Working knowledge of MCMS.
- Graduation from a standard high school or possession of a high school equivalence certificate
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in technical engineering/heavy highway construction related work in the areas of design, traffic, construction, materials testing, engineering surveys, maintenance, or planning
- Applicants may substitute education in civil engineering curriculum at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours for each year of the required experience, up to a maximum of three years.
- Applicants who possess an Associate’s Degree in either Engineering, Construction Management or Surveying or Surveying Technology from an accredited community college, college or university are considered to have met two years of the five year experience requirement.
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
- Proven Bridge Inspection Skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Mid-Atlantic Region Technician Certification Program (MARTCP)
- Soils and Aggregate Compaction
- Hot Mix Asphalt
- ACI Concrete Field Technician Level 1 Certification
- Traffic Control Manager Certification
- Maryland State Highway Green and Yellow Erosion and Sediment Control Certification
- Compliance with OSHA/MOSH regulations
- If your certifications are expired you will still be considered for the position
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.