2024 Acquisitions Summer Analyst
Starwood Capital Overview:
Starwood Capital Group is a private investment firm with a primary focus on global real estate. Since its inception in 1991, the Firm has raised over $70 billion of capital and currently has approximately $115 billion of assets under management. Over the past 30 years, Starwood Capital has invested in over $200 billion of assets, including properties within every major real estate asset class.
Starwood Capital’s Internship Program is 9-weeks long and we select a group of highly motivated summer interns with the goal of identifying talent for our Full-time Analyst Program. Our size and structure provides individuals with a high level of responsibility and the unique opportunity to work directly with senior management, joint venture partners, investment bankers, brokers and commercial lenders in all real estate classes. Summer Interns will participate in a variety of specialized trainings that will refine their skills and assist them in transitioning into the professional working environment of Starwood and the investment industry as a whole. A mentorship driven program allows our Summer Interns to create lasting relationships that will support the continued growth of a successful career.
Interns will focus on the evaluation, structuring and execution of potential high-risk/high-return real estate and structured finance acquisitions and the asset management of those properties
- Creating effective financial models;
- Conducting thorough research regarding real estate markets and public equity and debt opportunities;
- Carrying out assigned duties involved with the many facets of bringing a deal to funding, including presentation to final investment committee;
- Creating concise written presentations;
- Assisting with the asset management of the properties including business plan development and execution and exit strategy planning and execution.
Starwood Capital seeks to hire qualified candidates who have superior analytical, quantitative, and technical skills. These successful candidates should:
- Have a strong academic records
- Have a demonstrated interest in real estate and finance
- Have an unyielding work ethic
- Display a willingness to take direction and the capacity to quickly learn and develop skills required to become an effective Analyst, including proficiency in financial modeling
- Be a team player who feel comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.