Graduate Gaming Analyst
THE STARS GROUP GRADUATE DATA SCIENTIST
Are you our next Rising Star?
You’ve graduated and it’s time to start your next adventure. You have big ideas and you want to voice them. Do you want to become part of a company that gives you everything you need to create winning moments for yourself and millions of players around the world? Welcome to The Stars Group.
Our graduate role offers a competitive salary, discretionary bonus and experience working for one of the world’s largest publicly listed online betting and gaming companies.
So, who are we? We’re home to some of the biggest, most exciting brands in the online gaming industry, with offices, events and players all over the world. We’re the ultimate owner of such brands as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo, Sky Poker, BetEasy and FOX Bet as well as live poker tour and event brands.
And, as part of our graduate scheme, you’ll have the opportunity to work across all of them. Your seat is open.
What you’ll be doing:
The BI Team
We’re looking for a someone who needs to know the answers to join our growing team of Business Intelligence experts. We are passionate, like-minded individuals pooling together their expertise to provide state of the art insights that drive the development of our world-leading Poker Room, Casino and Sportsbook. In this role, you can expect to be involved with the following:
- Aiding in analysis of marketing promotions, which could include areas like TV acquisition, CRM, Customer Onboarding etc.
- Assisting in data extraction & manipulation from our Data warehouse (exposure to SQL / MicroStrategy will be gained), manipulation of large volume of data in order to establish actionable insights/models and deliver recommendations.
- Application of data to areas such as campaign analysis, ROI, and A/B testing & predictive modelling, pricing optimisation and Loyalty Program optimisation.
- Application of statistical techniques to interpret data using tools such as Python/R/KNIME (training is provided).
- Application of machine learning and statistical models to building predictive models (Churn, Cross/Up Sell, Recommendation Engines.)
What do we need from you?
- Degree in the quantitative areas (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science)
- A-Level (or equivalent) in Mathematics at C-grade or above
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Excellent analytical skills
- The ability to think logically and question anomalies
- Ability to deliver high quality work under pressure of deadlines
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and results to non-technical business people, both written and orally
- A passionate teammate
- Knowledge of the online gaming industry
- Practical experience with statistical tools (SPSS, SAS, R, KNIME, other)
- Proficiency in extracting and manipulating large datasets using SQL / MicroStrategy (or similar)
- Experience in data mining / advanced analytics (clustering, regression, predictive models or similar
We’ll aim to get back to you within 14 days of applying. After that, you’ll be asked to complete a test and video interview. If successful, you’ll then be invited to an assessment centre in January or February 2020.
And don’t worry. We’re flexible. We’ll take your summer plans into consideration when organising a start date. We’d like you to start in July 2020 but are happy to delay for up to 3 months if you would like to travel after graduation.
- Focus on the customer
- Work as a team
- Strive for excellence
- Have courage
- Show passion
“What brings our people together is the imagination needed to apply meaning to the information they work with. We're a very social team. We're like-minded people. We have lunch together and we go out together. We play poker together. It's a great environment that's only getting better" – Rich Ellis, Director of Analytics.
Perks and benefits
Whilst we can’t go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and like to throw in a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Our social team organises great events, including our sensational summer and Christmas parties. As an advocate of work/life balance, we offer an annual personal interest allowance where we encourage personal learning outside of working hours, including 3D unicorn cake making, skiing lessons and learning to scuba dive.
Our in-house Learning team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.