Poker Product Manager
We are looking for a Poker Product Manager to join our busy and dynamic Product team in our Malta office.
Why we need you:
We’re looking for someone with passion to product in general and Poker in particular. Someone who’s looking for a product management role and aspires to work in a challenging but fulfilling environment.
As part of the Poker product management team you will be involved in projects that include – adapting our clients to the requirements of new regulations, launching new poker offerings in new licenses and improving the quality of our software.
- Translate regulation requirements into product specification documents to be provided to our software development teams and to be delivered across all our supported platforms
- Create, coordinate and track development tasks for your requirements to ensure timely delivery and meet any regulatory deadlines
- Provide sign off on deliverables and ensure requirements are met while providing the best possible product to players
- Work closely with senior Poker Product team to ensure the quality of our product is maintained and to be part of key strategic decisions
Who are we looking for:
- Ability to translate high level requirements into concrete specifications.
- Experience in working in a role within software development and excellent understanding of software development process (Specification, scoping, development, QA, release management)
- Ability to deconstruct requirements into building blocks, and providing solutions to core requirement while not compromising existing functionality.
- Ability to evaluate different solutions and to prioritise them according to their impact on player experience, development costs and business financial impact.
- Experience and deep understanding of online gaming
- Familiarity with Atlassian product suite: JIRA and Confluence
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Experience working in a product management role (preferably in Agile environment)
- Experience specific to online Poker with emphasis on understanding the unique needs of online poker players advanced and recreational alike
- Experience in working in a complex environment that requires extensive troubleshooting
- Deep familiarity with PokerStars site and software
Working with us:
We eat, think and dream poker. The Poker innovation and Operations product team is a group of highly motivated people who love the game of Poker and aspire to provide the best possible experience for our players.
This includes coming up with a new games ideas, making it easier for our players to find and play the games they love, improving the technical quality of our software whilst remaining in full compliance with the regulation we operate under.
We work hard and we demand a lot from our people, our reward is bringing our concepts to life and watching thousands and thousands of players enjoy the experience we create for them.
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to provide such details at this stage, we can confirm that we do offer an excellent salary and benefits package. Our benefits include a discretionary annual performance bonus, premium health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (providing you all live at the same address), and a generous company contribution into a private pension scheme every month.
We have an Employee Assistance Programme where you receive complimentary and confidential support from professionals who offer independent advice 24/7. To support you in developing your skills and career, we will provide ongoing training.
We contribute €5.25 daily towards your breakfast and lunch. In addition, there is free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks. As an advocate of work life balance, we offer PIA; an annual personal interest allowance where we encourage personal learning outside of working hours; e.g. driving lessons, cookery classes and circus training (to name a few that our people have used this towards).
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Malta office in the Poker Product & Innovation department.