Poker Data Specialist
We are looking for a Poker Data Specialist to join our busy and dynamic team based in our Malta office.
In this position, you`ll help internal customers within the PokerStars Poker Room Operations team to meet data-related needs. Requests will be satisfied by varying types of service including design and documentation of required improvements to data availability, simple construction and execution of database queries, and creation of repeatable reports. You will apply knowledge and understanding of online poker and online poker players to ensure that they are delivering the appropriate data in an accurate format to answer the questions motivating the requested work.
Why we need you:
As part of the Poker Data product, your responsibilities would include:
- Construct and execute SQL queries, then returning data to internal customers in response to their specific requests.
- Utilize poker knowledge and experience to help team members more effectively define their questions and requirements, suggest areas of inquiry, and better understand results.
- Communicate with stakeholders, gathering business requirements and translating them into technical solutions.
- Perform gap analysis, comparing existing reports and data availability with team needs and then documenting desired improvements.
- Develop and maintain solutions to visually display frequently updated departmental KPI data.
- Support development and implementation of new promotions and software features by combining technical and poker knowledge to deliver information and analysis which supports and informs business decisions.
- Complete other Poker Room tasks as assigned.
Who are we looking for:
- Expertise in writing and tuning complex SQL statements.
- Large scale database experience, ideally DB2 and SQL server.
- Highly analytical, quantitative, data-based problem solving and optimization skills.
- Experience as a regular online poker player.
- Familiarity with online poker sites, games, and tournaments.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong Information Technology skills, including good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Self-motivated, with a focus on delivering finished products that meet high standards.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, and to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- English language fluency.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Familiarity with advanced statistical analysis methodology.
- Experience with Python, Linux and/or general programming skills.
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to provide such details at this stage, we can confirm that we do offer an excellent salary and benefits package. Our benefits include a discretionary annual performance bonus, premium health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (providing you all live at the same address), and a generous company contribution into a private pension scheme every month.
We have an Employee Assistance Programme where you receive complimentary and confidential support from professionals who offer independent advice 24/7. To support you in developing your skills and career, we will provide ongoing training.
We contribute €5.25 daily towards your breakfast and lunch. In addition, there is free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks. As an advocate of work life balance, we offer PIA; an annual personal interest allowance where we encourage personal learning outside of working hours; e.g. driving lessons, cookery classes and circus training (to name a few that our people have used this towards).
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
The GroupThe Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Malta office in the Poker department.