User Experience Analyst
The role: User Experience Analyst
We are looking for a User Experience Analyst to join our busy and dynamic Business intelligence team in our Leeds office.
Are you our next star player?
“We are a team of explorers. We challenge ourselves daily to come up with innovative ways to support business growth through the use of data and promoting data driven product development. In our team you will be encouraged to try new solutions to problems, given full responsibility from day one and fully supported to progress your talents and develop your career in the direction that interests you.” – Alicja Dabrowska – Senior Manager, Product and Acquisition Analytics
Why we need you
As a User Experience Analyst, you will be the analytical partner for the Customer Onboarding initiative. You will be working closely with various key stakeholders across the business, promoting data-driven decision making. You will be delivering regular analysis on the key customer journeys which make up our Customer Onboarding funnel, providing proactive insights to enable the business to grow and optimise in this area.
This role requires you to explore new data which creates business value and provide stakeholder foresight and confidence from data insights and simulations.
Who we’re looking for
- Degree level qualified (or equivalent) in a quantitative area or relevant experience gained in data analytics
- Experience working with statistical packages in at least one of the following, Python, R or SQL.
- Highly numerate individual with a genuine passion for logic problem solving
- A curious mind, always questioning why
- The ability to think through complex problems and clearly and concisely communicate complex ideas
- You will be looking for continual professional development and like a challenge
- A team player that values collaboration
As the ideal candidate, you will have:-
Experience in standard data querying and provision of ad-hoc reports, whilst also have experience in applying statistical techniques to problems (e.g. hypothesis testing, regression analysis, time series analysis, or similar) is desirable. Knowledge of payments, customer support, security or operational practices within the gaming industry is ideal.
Knowledge of online Poker, Casino or Sportsbook industries is also helpful. As is understanding of database management systems such as DB2 is also a plus.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- £1,000 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a Zoom/face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.