Engineering Manager (Sportsbook)
The role: Engineering Manager
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our GSTP team in Sofia!
Are you our next star player?
An Engineering Manager is responsible for a group of software engineers of various experience levels and will usually have up to 10 direct reports. The role reports into a Head of Technology alongside other Engineering Managers.
Why we need you
We’re growing our team to use our technical and sports betting knowhow to deliver outstanding products to customers of Sky Bet and BetStars around the world.
Based in our Sofia city centre tech hub, you’ll enjoy being part of our strong team culture, with the flexibility to work remotely around that. You will be working in an environment where a worldwide team feel like family and everyone works together to achieve a shared vision.
You will build the next generation of applications to support international growth. Working within our bespoke framework to build performant, immersive sports betting experiences. Integrate with our real-time data feeds to give customers the most relevant and up-to-date information around their bets. Use content management and configuration tools to provide non-technical colleagues with applications to effectively manage sports betting products across many different territories.
Who we’re looking for
You’ll have solid experience in delivering solutions and products. Leading engineering teams in an evolving and dynamic environment, ideally in online betting & gaming or similar web/mobile-scale industry where software is always-on, and customer experience is always more than a consideration.
We’ll expect you to have commercial experience in managing delivery and an integrated release process in an online environment. Commercial experience in Continuous Deployment is also important.
You’ll also need a demonstrable ability to take and influence technical decisions in a fast paced commercial environment. You’ll be a committed teammate who demonstrates outstanding communication, interpersonal skills and consistent high energy levels, who recognises the importance of people in technology solutions. You are also an analytic problem solver with a solid sense of autonomy, but with an open collaborative approach to getting the job done.
- Solid software development background with solid understanding of algorithms, design patterns and principles, architectures and paradigms
- Experienced leader with a reputation for thought leadership, strategic thinking and with a solid technical background
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Bulgaria.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- 1000 BGN as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- contribution towards your transportation and lunch expenses
- relaxation areas around the office, including a PlayStation and Pool table
- sports program and social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.