Mobile Engineering Manager (iOS)
The role: Mobile Engineering Manager (iOS)
We are looking for a Hands-on Mobile Engineering Manager to join our busy and dynamic team based in our Leeds service Office. We are looking for very strong iOS skills with Android experience highly desirable
Why we need you:
We’re on an exciting journey as part of the Flutter group we form a key part of the world’s largest Betting and Gaming company with brands such as PokerStars, Paddy Power, BetFair and SkyBet. We’re expanding our team to use our technical and sports betting knowhow to deliver a best of breed sportsbook
An Engineering Manager is responsible for a group of software engineers of various experience levels and will usually have up to 10 direct reports, across multiple teams. The role reports into a Head of Engineering alongside other Engineering Managers.
Engineering Managers are responsible for both people management for their team, and the way we deliver against our business goals from an in-house software engineering perspective. You should be a confident technical leader with experience in an evolving and dynamic web-scale environment under an agile DevOps ethos where delivering value to our users whilst maintaining quality is a must. Key responsibilities for the role will be:
- Hands-on with deep and current technical expertise in iOS Development, best practice and an up-to-date understanding of app-store rules and regulations. This role will involve driving technical decisions against organisational goals, navigating a sometimes complex compliance landscape and direct, hands on, involvement in engineering work.
- Experience running mobile engineering team(s) delivering products using modern agile methodologies where quality is defined and measured and where you’ve been concerned with delivering against demanding quality goals, whilst maintaining velocity.
- Preferably you will have experience in CI/CD in a native iOS environment as a minimum having an awareness about the challenges this brings
- Engineering People Management
- Run a strong team of top-notch highly motivated software engineers at all levels, manage skills gaps and reduce single points of failure in our teams.
- Develop & motivate those in your team by providing clear direction, opportunities for learning & direct coaching. Pro-actively manage any individual performance challenges.
- Define and maintain the best team structures (aligned to a culture of “small autonomous agile teams”) to match the current focus of our Tribe. Work with the Tech Leads to ensure that we have the right mix of skills in each squad.
- Foster a Sustainable & Scalable Engineering culture
- Evangelise & prioritise engineering best practice in your squads so we have a clear direction for continuous improvement.
- Take responsibility for managing the levels of technical debt, evolving coding practices and aging code risks. Input into framework & language choice, development build and deployment tooling.
- Be responsible for adherence to the Tribe’s technology principles and SDLC in the context of our wider compliance requirements. Make sure we do this in a way that maintains our low-bureaucracy high-trust working environment.
- Champion Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Work with Tech Leads, Test Managers and other stakeholders to ensure we deliver high quality engineering solutions with the right balance between delivery speed vs operational risk
Normally based in our Leeds city centre tech hub, you’ll enjoy being part of our strong team culture, with the flexibility to work remotely around that. You will be working in an environment where a worldwide team feel like family and everyone works together to achieve a shared vision.
You will build the next generation of mobile applications to support international growth. Working within our bespoke framework to create performant, immersive sports betting experiences. Integrate with our real-time data feeds to give customers the most relevant and up-to-date information around their bets. Leverage content management and configuration tools to provide non-technical colleagues with applications to effectively manage sports betting products across many different territories.
Who are we looking for:
You’ll have strong experience in delivering solutions and products. Leading engineering teams in an evolving and dynamic environment, ideally in online betting & gaming or similar web/mobile-scale industry where software is always-on, and customer experience is always more than a consideration.
We’ll expect you to have commercial experience in managing delivery and an integrated release process in an online environment. Commercial experience in Continuous Deployment.
You’ll also need a proven ability to take and influence technical decisions in a fast-moving commercial environment. You’ll be a committed team player who demonstrates exceptional communication, interpersonal skills and consistent high energy levels, who recognises the importance of people in technology solutions. You are also an analytic problem solver with a strong sense of autonomy, but with an open collaborative approach to getting the job done.
- Experience of leading engineering teams in an evolving and dynamic environment, ideally in a web-scale industry where software is always-on, and customer experience is always more than a consideration
- A committed team player who demonstrates exceptional communication, interpersonal skills and consistent high energy levels, who recognises the importance of people in technology solutions.
- An experienced leader with a reputation for thought leadership, strategic thinking and with a strong technical background.
- An analytic problem solver with a strong sense of autonomy, but with an open collaborative approach to getting the job done.
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus. We can also provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address. If you have a baby whilst you work for us, we will give you 1000 GBP as congratulations.
In addition to that, we provide the opportunity for a discounted gym membership.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.