Mac Developer - PokerStars
We are looking for a MacOS Client Developer to join our busy and dynamic team based in our Toronto Office.
Why we need you: -
You’ll be designing, implementing, testing and maintaining the Desktop Client code for core poker applications. We’ll be looking for you to attend project kick-off, design and review meetings, work closely with our business analysts and the design team as part of the development of the system and transform approved requirements into compelling, usable, media-rich interactive experiences.
You’ll be able to write clean, documented, reusable, and scalable code. We’ll want you maintain a coding skill set consistent with current technologies, sharing knowledge as applicable. You’ll work at both detailed and abstract levels, solving problems creatively whilst also providing assistance to our QA and Production Support teams.
Who are we looking for: -
- You have an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- You’ll be extensively experienced in programming modern UI applications for MacOS.
- You have a strong knowledge of C++ (at least 3-5 years), including STL, OOP, modern design patterns, refactoring, secure programming patterns, multi-threaded application programming.
- You have an extensive experience developing applications in Objective C using Cocoa API.
- You are expected to have a working knowledge of network programming (HTTP, sockets, etc.).
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- You’ll be experienced with Cocos2d-x or OpenGL or similar graphics development toolkit or platform; ideal candidate will have experience working for gaming companies.
- Experience developing interactive UI in HTML5/CSS is an excellent asset as well.
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). In addition, you can join our company pension scheme. If you have a baby whilst you work for us, we will give you 1900 CAD as congratulations.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support to develop your skills and support you in progressing your career.
Lunch is on us and there is free fresh fruit, snacks, drinks in the office.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Richmond Hill (Toronto) service office in the Poker department.
At The Stars Group, we encourage applications from all sections of the community. If you are an applicant with a disability and you require accommodations at any point in our recruitment process, please let our talent acquisition team know when they contact you to invite for interview.