Software Engineer (Front-End)
The role: Front-End Engineer
We are looking for a Front-End Engineer to join our GSTP team in Leeds!
Are you our next star player?
We’re on an exciting journey; as part of the Flutter group we form a key piece of the world’s largest Betting and Gaming company with brands such as PokerStars, Paddy Power, BetFair and SkyBet. We’re growing our team as we use our technical and sports betting expertise to deliver the best of breed Sportsbook.
Why we need you
We believe in providing the best career for everyone; your progression begins on the day we first meet. Reporting into a Lead Software Engineer and working under mentorship of our Principal Engineers, you will work with your team on the user facing experience, delivering key parts of our strategy to build and own the industry’s best sports betting and trading platform.
Who we’re looking for
You are self-motivated and willing to contribute at all levels, listening and learning from those around you. Culture is the foundation of success, and we want every one of our team to be a part of it and drive it.
- Our multi-platform web applications are built on top of Webpack, TypeScript, React and WebSocket technology
- Use features of the web platform to ensure the best possible performance is achieved for customers
- Understand what it means to work on a truly global product and the idioms of global users
- Work with internationalisation technologies to provide content in all our supported languages, currencies and multi branding
- Apply fundamental UX and accessibility principles to make our products available to all customers.
- Ensure applicable testing has been applied to all levels of the web platform
- Consider error scenarios to ensure customers have the best experience always
- Proactively staying up to date with the latest engineering trends in your field
- Our engineers work closely with colleagues in all positions, so communication and interpersonal skills are important for this role
- Modern software engineering relies on iterative, incremental development and fast feedback - we expect a good understanding of the mechanics of this including a solid grasp of automation and its role in modern software delivery
- Have experience of working in a modern agile environment (e.g. Scrum / Kanban)
- You will be comfortable working independently or collaboratively with good time and prioritisation skills
- Proactively use your personal development time to improve yourself.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- £1,000 as a congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.