Game Designer Senior Mathematician
The role: Game Designer Senior Mathematician
We are looking for a Game Designer Senior Mathematician to join our Casino team in Toronto.
You will be defining the next generation of gaming by blending your industry experience with innovative mathematical logic and creativity.
Are you our next star player?
The EGR Marketing & Innovation Awards recently presented PokerStars the Innovation in Casino award. A huge achievement for our teams but we’re on a mission to continuously keep creating industry leading games for our players and that’s where you come in. Do you want to be part of changing the game industry, working on designing the math and mechanics of incredible games?
Why we need you
PokerStars Casino is a leading global gaming brand. We are seeking a passionate, creative, adaptive, and pioneering Game Designer Senior Mathematician that is ready to use their creativity and industry leading skills to define the next generation of gaming.
You will help build engaging entertainment that will appeal and showcase original experiences to enthrall a wide player audience. Constructively communicating and leveraging a motivated cross disciplined team, participating and growing in a collaborative environment, and helping to impact the industry with innovative solutions.
As an important part of our studio game teams you will be creating mathematical models for our global online games. You will work on the design and development of cutting edge, casino-style entertainment, with a focus on slot games.
You will work with a team of developers and artists producing video casino games for the UK, Europe, US, and other international markets. Close co-operation will be required with our Game Designers, Product Managers, Producers and experts in other global offices in the US, Canada and Europe.
- Innovation – Thinking of new games and features to entertain our customers
- Partnering – Working with all our creative colleagues in software development and art to create leading global content
- Math – Conceptualizing game designs and creating mathematical models that align with defined constraints and exhibit predetermined behavioral characteristics
- Demonstrating leadership in designing all aspects of a math design including implementation and gameplay
- Where necessary, simulations of specific game features are created to supplement the theoretical calculation
- Test mathematical outcomes to assure quality and that accurate calculations are achieved (through excel and programming)
- Review games as they are implemented to ensure that they reflect the correct math model, and make adjustments as needed during development to create world class math models
- Analyze performance data from the marketplace to help identify future game mechanics and industry trends
- Analyze games performance post launch and provide insights about customers behavior
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for an experienced Game Mathematician with the following skills and expertise;
- Slot machine game mathematical design, primarily focused on slots and has led and executed the design of previous successful games in the market
- Has designed, or been involved in the design, of 20+ games with a wide variety of machine types and math models
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of developing successful game concepts. Previously delivered top performing slot games for land based or online companies
- An advanced user of MS Excel, comfortable creating and adapting large and complex spreadsheets
- Worked with programing teams to create or adapt simulation programs in a variety of languages –java, C, C++ etc
- Has strong expertise in Combinatorics, Probability Theory and Statistics
- Has knowledge of object-oriented program design
- Has a long-standing passion for playing games of multiple genres, and passion in slots and casino games
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Able to support teams through the game certification process for all markets
Please include a portfolio/links as part of this application with samples of current games and previous slot products. Sample math files may be requested for technical review.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- Paid for lunches, as well as fresh fruit, snacks and drinks around the office
- regular on-site yoga sessions
We are flexible to have this role based in one of our many other office locations so if you feel you have the right skills and experience please do still apply and we can discuss this in more detail. Benefits vary based on location.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, we’ll invite you for a Zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.