DevOps Team Lead (US Platform)
The role: DevOps Team Lead Engineer (US Platform)
We are looking for a DevOps Team Lead Engineer (US Platform) to join our Sports Development team in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Are you our next star player?
Come and join a new team to build exciting new products featuring rock-solid stability, high-velocity code-shipping and ground-breaking innovation. We’re lean, we’re agile, and DevOps is at the centre of everything we do! And you’re in good company: you’ll be standing on the shoulders of the giants who created the most popular apps and products of their kind.
Why we need you
You’ll work on the most critical, strategic projects at the heart of the world’s largest public online gaming business, with funding and opportunities to match our huge ambition.
It’s your chance to work on greenfield developments where you’ll build and run new products that will ultimately be used by millions around the world, building on your career so far and learning new tech skills to solve problems that only exist at this scale
You’ll be part of the award-winning Stars Group tech family, working with the best product and technology professionals, learning new skills and developing yourself in new ways.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Line managing and Leading a team of Senior SRE and SRE engineers
- Input and influence are technical operations and service strategy
- Own the delivery of key strategic projects across the department
- Mentoring other squads in operational readiness and SRE-ready services
- Technical leadership of complex, cross-company projects to deliver operational improvements
- Setting the benchmarks for service standards and driving change to implement them
- Providing incident analysis, error budget analysis
- Leading major incidents from a technical perspective
Our Site Reliability/ DevOps (US Platform) team ensures 24/7 coverage of our systems and as part of the team you`ll have to take part in the on-call shift schedule. Your focus will be the American market so occasionally you might be required to work out of standard working hours (for example during Sunday NFL, Super Bowl etc.)
Who we’re looking for?
- An extensive experience in IT Infrastructure role at a Senior/Lead level
- Working with Linux/ UNIX
- Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Automation/configuration management (Salt/ Puppet/ Chef)
- Build systems (Apache Ant/Mode/Maven)
- Strong knowledge of Jenkins
- CI/CD enterprise experience
- Docker and Kubernetes are plus
- Good communication and mentoring skills
- Sharp in time-management
- Ability to prioritize
- Analytical thinking
- Flexibility and resistance in fast-paced working environment
- Problem- solver
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Bulgaria.
Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- Social benefit package contributing to your lunch and transportation expenses.
- 1,000 BGN as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- MultySport membership
- In-house training and development of your skills, progressing your career.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.